Resources for Staff
The Purchasing Department is available to work with the University community to ensure appropriate purchasing practices are met regarding the acquisition of goods and services and that we are compliant with industry directives and University policies.
Our Purchasing team works diligently on thousands of requests to purchase millions of dollars’ worth of goods and services annually. The sooner we can assist you with your acquisition requirements, the more assured of obtaining best price, quality and delivery of goods and services.
The Board of Governors has delegated purchasing authority to Trent University’s Purchasing Department – refer to Procurement of Goods and Services Policy.
The Purchasing Department team will work with our clients to finalize their acquisition and contract needs by:
- Determining the competitive bid process required
- Ensuring the procurement is in compliance with University policies, government regulations and trade agreements
- Identifying potential conflicts of interest that must be avoided
- Ensuring appropriate approvals are in place
- Maintaining a University procurement process that is completed professionally, correctly, efficiently, and inexpensively
- Providing market research when required
- Maintaining required records pertaining to university acquisitions, tendering and contracts data
A complete list of official Trent University policies are available through the University's Policy library.