Become a Global Ambassador
Support New International Students at Trent!
What is the Global Ambassador Program?
The Global Ambassador Program is designed to help new international students during their transition to life at Trent University and in Peterborough and Durham by connecting them with upper-year students called Global Ambassadors.
Through our program, we envision, the opportunity for international students to build connection, community, and friendships and develop a supportive foundation for resourcefulness and resilience to thrive in their new life in Canada and at Trent University.
To assist incoming international students to navigate the transition into university in Canada, to develop a sense of belonging and connection, and to provide students with confidence and knowledge to access resources and communities at Trent that will allow them to reach their full potential.
- Peer Run: Our program is peer-run. Our Global Ambassador Coordinator is a student staff, and our Global Ambassadors are current Trent Students. Our services are grounded in our lived experiences.
- Resources: We have tools and resources to help new international students navigate their transition to university life.
- Authenticity: Global Ambassadors are real people with similar experiences who want to support new international students.
- Mutuality: Shared experiences help us bond, problem solve, learn, and build resilience.
Interested in Becoming a Global Ambassador?
If you are someone who would like to be a mentor to new international students at Trent and help them by sharing your own experiences, then you should apply to become a Global Ambassador! We are looking for Ambassadors who can be role models to new international students and help guide them through their transition into their university life in Canada. The program will connect you with a diverse international community and strengthen your leadership and communication skills while building your resume and supporting the Trent International community!
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now closed. Want to apply to become a GA in the future? Applications will open again in February 2022.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to support new international students at Trent University
- Share your experience of coming to Trent with new students, acting as their mentor or role model
- Make friends from around the world and build a strong global community
- Build your resume by developing communication and leadership skills
- Develop relevant virtual communication and support skills
- A verified position that can be added to the Co-Curricular record
- Potential for a future job reference
- A returning Trent University Student
- Qualify as an international student. (ESL, Undergraduate)
- Available for a year-round contract, running from April to April
- Available to contribute 2.5-3 hours a week towards the program.
- Willing to answer emails over the weekend and summer months.
- ESL Global Ambassadors (3)
- Global Ambassadors - Peterborough Campus (17)
- Global Ambassadors - Durham Campus (3)