Degrees of Excellence
Trent School of the Environment offers a rich learning environment at every level of study. At the undergraduate level, we offer over a dozen degree programs and more than 140 environment-related courses across multiple disciplines in the arts and sciences. When mapping out a path to your future, you can choose from an existing program of study or design a one-of-a-kind degree around your interests and passions.
These programs offer a high degree of flexibility in course selection, including options for a year abroad, community-based research placements, and research and training internships within and outside of the University. The School also benefits from leading environmentally-themed graduate programs and several renowned research centres.
Trent is the first university in Canada to achieve accreditation from ECO Canada for its environmental program—a national standard for excellence in environmental education. This accreditation means that the skills and knowledge Trent students acquire are relevant to the environmental sector in Canada and attractive to employers.
- Climate Change Science and Policy (BSc)
- Ecological Restoration (BSc)*
- Environmental Chemistry (BSc)
- Environmental and Resource Science/ Studies (BA or BSc)*
- Environmental Science and Studies (BESS)*
- Environmental Geoscience (BSc)
- Geography (BA or BSc)
- Indigenous Environmental Studies and Sciences (BA or BSc)
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems (BA or BSc)*
- Water Sciences (BSc)
- Trent/ Swansea Dual Degree (BA) - ERS/ Law or Geography/ Law
*Accredited by ECO Canada
Your Program, Your Way
Can’t settle on a single program? Not a problem! Opt for a joint major instead, where you can combine programs from within and outside the Trent School of the Environment too. Here are a few examples, just to get you thinking: