Discover Champlain College
A place where we balance academic excellence with active living while celebrating our global perspectives - DARE to be Champlain.
- Passion for Tradition
- Active Engagement
- Global Perspectives
Our motto: “continuer mes decouvertes”, “continue my discoveries”
At Champlain College, we know the importance of balancing academic excellence with a loud and proud spirit. Named after Samuel de Champlain to awknowledge his travels through the Kawartha Lakes, and to show support for our French connections in Quebec, Champlain College is the oldest college on the Symons Campus. Our award-winning Ron Thom architecture stands strong on the banks of the Otonabee, where we offer inspirational study spaces for escape while on campus. Champlain members have an abundance of tradition and heart with our values emphasizing active living and global perspectives. Home to Trent International and the Study Abroad office, academic departments that affiliate with Champlain College include International Development Studies, Politics and the many majors encompassed in the School of the Environment. Whatever your major, at Champlain we welcome Discovery, Adventure, Reflection, and Engagement in all aspects of university life – whether it is in the classroom or on the ice at Bon Temps Winter Carnival. DARE to be Champlain.
Learn more about Champlain's:
- College Office and Academic Supports Services
- Architecture and Common Spaces
- College Cabinet (your student government)
- Traditions and Events
- Awards and Award Ceremonies
- Affiliated Departments
- Celebrated Alumni and College Fellows
- Trent International
- International Development Studies
- Politics Studies
- Trent School for the Environment
- Bachelor of Environmental Science/Studies (B.E.S.S.)
- Ecological Restoration B.Sc.
- Environmental Chemistry B.Sc.
- Environmental & Resource Science/Studies (B.A. or B.Sc.)
- Environmental Geoscience B.Sc.
- Geography (B.A. or B.Sc.)
- Indigenous Environmental Studies (B.A. or B.Sc.)
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems (B.A. or B.Sc.)
- Water Sciences (B.Sc.)
- Circumpolar Studies (Diploma)
Unique College Based Programming and Traditions:
- Harvest (Fall College Weekend) – Pig Bowl tournament, Karaoke, and Dinner
- Bon Temps Winter Carnival (Winter college Weekend) – Broomball tournament, Carnival, and Dinner
- Float your Boat and Milk Run (Welcome back from break events and BBQs to reconnect with Off-campus Students)
- Floor Hockey in the Great Hall (2x/year)
- High Table Dinner and Earn Your Strips Events
- Champlain College Canoe Trip