How to Register for AQ Courses
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do I go to register for AQ, ABQ and PQP courses?
- Please register online on our website. Read about the course prerequisites and important registration information. The registration buttons will be at the bottom of the page.
2. Can you walk me through the registration process?
- Here is a step-by-step PDF guide on how to register for a course:
Student Guide to AQ Registration
3. I am a new student applying for Trent AQ courses. How can I make an account?
- Your Trent account will be created when you register for a course. You will not be able to create an account prior to registration.
4. I am a returning Trent student. I have an account but I cannot remember my login details. How can I register?
- Please register for your AQ course using the orange "I do not have or I have forgotten my username and password" option. You will not have to login to register. If your personal details haven't changed since you last took a course at Trent, the system will be able to match you to your existing account. If your personal details (name, address, phone number) have changed, please contact us at 705-748-1011 ext 7056 or send an email to AQ@trentu.ca to update your records before registration.
5. I am a returning Trent student but I can't get into my account.
- If you are a returning student but you were not enrolled into any courses in the last year, please contact the AQ Office at 705-748-1011 ext 7056 or send an email to AQ@trentu.ca if you are having difficulties logging in to myTrent. It can take up to 24-48 hours to reactivate your account. If you are receiving a message about an incorrect password, you will have to reset it here.
6. I need to retrieve my Trent password but my personal email has changed. How can I update my email address?
- The AQ Office can update your recovery email address. Please contact us at 705-748-1011 ext 7056 or send an email to AQ@trentu.ca to let us know your full name, student number (if possible), and your current email address.
7. I am receiving an error message on the Personal Identification page, saying that I cannot be uniquely identified? What does this mean and what should I do?
- There are a few reasons why you might be receiving this message. If you have ever applied to Trent University, there will be a student record on file for you and the personal information needs to be updated before you can register for AQ courses. If you have previously attempted to register for a course, but the process was canceled or interrupted, a student account may have been already created with your information. Please contact us at at 705-748-1011 ext 7056 or send an email to AQ@trentu.ca and we can troubleshoot this error for you.
8. I am on the Paypath Payment page and it is not letting me enter my Canadian address under Billing Address.
- If you live outside the United States, please check the box right under the subheading "Billing Address". Once you check this box, you will not be required to enter your billing address.
9. I received an email saying my AQ enrollment was canceled, but I see the charges on my bank statement.
- If the registration page was closed or the session had timed out, your registration attempt would have been canceled. You may see a "pending" charge on your bank statement, but it will clear up in 3 to 5 business days. To ensure that you are in your course, you will have to register again.