Blackboard is the learning platform for your online courses
1. How can I access my course on Blackboard?
- You will not have access until the first day of the course. Login to your account at www.trentu.ca/mytrent. Select the Blackboard (BB) icon. If it is not incldued in the bottom left-hand corner of your page, click on Academics on to the top right hand menu and scroll down to find the icon. Click on your course link to access the course modules.
2. My course is not showing up on Blackboard. What can I do?
- First, try clearing your browser's cache or trying another browser. If this problem persists after you try the first step, please contact the AQ Office.
3. The course menu on Blackboard has disappeared. How can I access it?
- The course menu on Blackboard can be hidden, which will hide the links to your course material. To make it visible again, point your cursor towards the left edge of the page. A thin bar with an arrow will appear. Click on it to access the course menu. If the course menu is minimized, click on the small arrow next to the course name on the left hand side.
4. How can I change my display name on Blackboard?
- When you are in your course on Blackboard, you will see your name on the top right corner. Click on it to access the Open Global Navigation Menu.Choose Settings on the drop-down menu. Choose Personal Information under the Settings tab. Make your changes in Edit Personal Information.
5. How can I message my course instructor?
- When you have access to your course on Blackboard, you will see a welcome message on the Announcements page. Your instructor’s contact information will be accessible here, as well as Course Contacts or Messages on the course menu.