Online AQ, ABQ and PQP Courses
Fall Registration is closed.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept additional registrations for the fall session.
Attention New Grads
You are eligible to register in an AQ course if your BEd Program was completed in Ontario and you have applied to OCT. If you completed your BEd outside of Ontario, you have to wait until you are an OCT member. We recognize that many of you are still in the process of writing your math test. Please note that you are eligible to take a course if you have a condition on your OCT certificate that refers to the math test. If you have questions, contact the AQ Office at AQ@trentu.ca or call us at 705-748-1011 ext 7056.
About our Courses
- All Courses are delivered Completely Online
- Most courses are completely asynchronous, with the exception of FSL Part 1 and Specialist, which each include one synchronous session and the PQP courses, which each include 2 synchronous sessions about 1 hour in length
- You do not have to be online at any given time - work on your own schedule
- Each module has due dates for work to be submitted
- Courses are taught by Ontario teachers & principals
- Every course requires 125 hours of work (includes hours spent on readings & assignments)
- Courses are organized into modules with readings, assignments & discussion board tasks
- Internet required
***Note about course credit weighting: AQ, ABQ and PQP courses have a zero credit weighting listed on the transcript as they are identified as professional courses and not associated with a degree program.