Purchase Texts for your AQ and PQP Courses
Students are responsible for purchasing required textbooks for their courses. Text information is included under the Courses & Prerequisites link. Below is a list of courses which have required texts. Trent's AQ Office will send you an email about ordering texts before your course starts.
All texts are available in digital format. You can check out the options to purchase from Trent's University Bookstore with the exception of the required Guidance text or you may also choose to purchase your text from an alternative site if it is available.
How to order your Texts from Trent's Bookstore Online
- Go to https://www.bkstr.com/trentstore/shop/textbooks-and-course-materials
- Select Program > Peterborough
- Select Term > WINTER
- Select Department > EDAQ
- Select Course > Choose your course
- Select Section > Leave "as is"
- Section FIND MATERIALS for your course button
Textbook Information with Alternative Sites to Order Texts (if not ordering from Trent's Bookstore)
Special Education Part 1 - An online digital version of this text is provided free in the course. Please note that the free version doesn't allow you to highlight or mark up the text.
- Text: Special Education in Ontario Schools by S. Bennett, 8th edition
Special Education Part 2 - Digital copies of the text are also available online at chapters.ca, amazon.ca, ebooks.com, barnesandnoble.com, vitalsource.com and Kobo.com
- Text: Reconceptualizing Disability in Education. Iannacci, L. (2018)
Special Education Specialist - Digital copies are available at chapters.ca, amazon.ca, barnesandnoble.com, vitalsource.com, kobo.com and ebooks.com
- Text: The Explosive Child by Ross Greene
Reading Specialist - Digital copies are available at amazon.ca, vitalsource.com, kobo.com and barnesandnoble.com
- Text: Read, Write, Lead by Regie Routman (2014)
Guidance Part 1 - Requires you to purchase the online Ethical Guidelines document from the Ontario School Counsellors' Associate website.
- Text: Ethical Guidelines for Guidance Teachers-Counsellors (Cost $20)
- Purchase at https://osca.ca/ethical-guidelines-for-guidance-teacher-counsellors
PQP Part 1 & Part 2 - There are many different formats available for this text.
- Text: Nuance: Why Some Leaders Succeed and Others Fail by Michael Fullan
Amazon Kindle – https://www.amazon.ca
Ebooks.com - https://www.ebooks.com/en-ca/book/detail/96322899/
Audio format - Purchase in audio format at https://www.audible.ca