Course Selection and Registration
There is a lot to think about prior to selecting and registering in your courses. We’ve broken the process down into 4 steps to help make this a bit more manageable.
- The Academic Calendar lists all requirements and provides a comprehensive breakdown of each program
- New to Trent? Visit the welcome page including a list of recommends steps to follow to get yourself set up
Step 2: Choose your courses
- First year course selection for each major
- You may also want to consider your course load
- Choosing elective courses
- Check out the My Academic Plan tool, which encourages students to map out their courses term by term to assist with future course selection
- Using the Academic Timetable which provides a list of all the courses that are running this year, and on what days and times the classes are scheduled
- Designing a timetable with Visual Schedule Builder - a helpful tool that allows you to plan your schedule by the day
- Creating a manual timetable with one of the templates provided by Academic Skills (https://www.trentu.ca/academicskills/how-guides/how-manage-your-time/time-management-tools)
Step 4: Register in your courses.
- Understanding when you can register during Priority Course Registration
- Express Registration to import your courses
- Register for your courses
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the course registration system on myTrent, please review some of the Video Tutorials on this page.
Additional registration resources can be found through the Office of the Registrar:
- Do you need a Verification of Enrollment form (VOE)?
- Priority Registration Schedule
- Course Overload
- Prerequisite Waiver Requests
- Waitlisted Courses
- Letter of Permission
Reminder for Important Dates & Deadlines: please consult the current Undergraduate Academic Calendar for a full list of important dates and deadlines on pages 10-13.
- Tuesday March 1, 2022 course registration opened for the Summer 2022 session. For more information on the Summer Session, please visit: http://www.trentu.ca/summer
- May: the 2022-2023 Undergraduate Academic Calendar and Academic Timetable will be released to plan your course selection for the Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 academic terms
- June: Priority Course Registration will open for the Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 academic terms