Course Selection and Registration
There is a lot to think about prior to selecting and registering in your courses. We’ve broken the process down into 4 steps to help make this a bit more manageable.
- The Academic Calendar lists all requirements and provides a comprehensive breakdown of each program
- New to Trent? Visit the welcome page including a list of recommends steps to follow to get yourself set up
Step 2: Choose your courses
- First year course selection for each major
- You may also want to consider your course load
- Choosing elective courses
- Check out the My Academic Plan tool which encourages students to map out their courses term by term to assist with future course selection
- Using the Academic Timetable which provides a list of all the courses that are running this year, and on what days and times the classes are scheduled
- Confused by the Trent acronyms? Check out the glossary of terms that are good to know, prepared by the Office of the Registrar https://www.trentu.ca/registrar/academic-timetable/good-know
- Designing a timetable with Visual Schedule Builder - a helpful tool that allows you to plan your schedule by the day
- Creating a manual timetable with one of the templates provided by Academic Skills (https://www.trentu.ca/academicskills/how-guides/how-manage-your-time/time-management-tools)
Step 4: Register in your courses.
- Understanding when you can register during Priority Course Registration and Registration deadlines, including the Final Date to Add/Change Courses
- Use Express Registration to import your courses
- Register for your courses
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the course registration system on myTrent, please review some of the Video Tutorials on this page, and check out the recording for the Trent Advantage Live Stream on Course Registration, which was hosted May 31, 2022.
Additional registration resources can be found through the Office of the Registrar:
- Do you need a Verification of Enrollment form (VOE)?
- Priority Registration Schedule
- Course Overload
- Prerequisite Waiver Requests
- Waitlisted Courses
- Letter of Permission