Course Selection and Registration
Course selection and registration is a four step process:
- Understand your degree/program requirements and pre-requisites.
- Choose your courses.
- First year course selection for each major
- Determining your course load
- Choosing elective courses
- Create a timetable that works for you.
- Using the academic timetable
- Designing a timetable with Visual Schedule Builder
- Creating a manual timetable
- Register in your courses.
- Understanding when you can register
- Express Registration to import your courses
- Register for your courses
Additional registration resources can be found through the Office of the Registrar:
- Priority Registration Schedule
- Course Overload
- Prerequisite Waiver Requests
- Closed Courses
- Waitlisted Courses
- Letter of Permission
New to Trent?
Learn more about your next steps and deadlines:
Find out more information about activating your Trent email, logging into myTrent, ordering your campus card, choosing your college affiliation, financial deadlines and other important deadlines on the trentu.ca/welcome page
Sign-up for Orientation:
Peterborough Campus Orientation will give you opportunities to learn more about your campus, the services and resources available to you, and provide an opportunity to meet students leaders and other new students.
Note: If you will be studying on the Durham campus, please use the following link: Durham Campus Orientation
Learn how to Survive and Thrive: Your First Term at University
Are you ready for the transition to university? Read this short guide, which covers common questions: How does university differ from high school? How can I begin to prepare? Do I have to figure this out all by myself? Instructors from Academic Skills explain what you can expect at university, offer advice for the first week, the first month, and the first term at university, and introduce you to important supports at Trent.