Do you need an interpreter or help accessing Health Services? Contact the Trent International office.
If you are going for a test (such as lab work), treatment, or an appointment with another health care provider, you will need to present either a UHIP Claim Form (pages 1 & 2) or COWAN form to the health care provider or lab you are attending an appointment with.
For Sun Life (UHIP) insured students:
For Cowan insured students:
Instructions for signing and scanning/faxing forms to Health Centre/lab as needed:
1. If it is within Trent Student Health Services business hours and you have a signed form on file with us, we would be happy to fax the form to the Health Centre/lab requiring it. Call us at 705-748-1481 to arrange this
2. If you require the form outside of Trent Student Health Services business hours and you are physically going into the Health Centre/lab for your appointment, you can have the Health Centre/lab access this web address and print a form for you to sign at your appointment or bring a printed copy with you.
3. If you require the form outside of Trent Student Health Services business hours and you are attending a virtual appointment follow the below instructions:
1. If you have a printer and fax machine:
- Print, sign and fax the required form to the Health Centre/lab you are attending the appointment with.
2. If you do not have a fax machine, ask the Health Centre/lab requiring the form if they would accept an emailed copy and follow these instructions:
1. If you have a printer and scanner:
- fill out the fillable PDF indicated above, print, sign, scan and email via your trentu email the form to the Health Centre/lab requiring it.
2. If you have a printer and no scanner:
- fill out the fillable PDF indicated above, print, sign either bring to the Health Centre/lab or email either a picture or a PDF (preferred) to the Health Centre/lab requiring the form via your trentu email.
Instructions to save a picture as a PDF:
- Choose Pictures from your device.
- Click on Convert button.
- Wait for processing it will not take long time.
- Click on Download button and download your Converted PDF file.
- Open Google Photos.
- Select an image.
- Select the : menu > Print.
- Select the drop down menu from the top and select Save as PDF.
- Name the file and select Save to download the image to your Android phone.
- Repeat for each image
- Open the Photos app and choose the picture you want to convert to a PDF
- Tap on the Sharing button and then choose “Print” from the sharing option action menu
- At the Printer Options screen, use a spreading gesture on the photo preview to access the secret Save PDF option
- Choose to share the converted photo as PDF via Message, Mail, placing it into Notes or another app, or choose “Add To iCloud Drive” to save the converted photo as PDF to iCloud
Alternately, there are third-party apps you can use to upload images to create a PDF. We cannot offer any recommendations but you can research to see if one fits your needs while respecting image privacy and security
3. If you do not have a printer:
- Fill out the fillable PDF and use one of the following apps to sign it electronically:
- Secured Signing (Web-based, not for mobile phones. First 3 documents/month are free for one user)
- Adobe Sign (Mobile app – 14 day free trail)
4. If there are barriers to following the instructions above:
- Fill out the PDF electronically.
- Type your name in the signature section.
- Save it to your device and email a copy via your trentu email to the Health Centre/lab requiring the form stating: Please review the attached _______Form(s). I confirm I accept the terms of the _______ Form(s)