expand search

Student Wellness Centre

Student having blood pressure taken by nurse

Student Wellness Centre


Student Health Services is available to all current students who attend Trent University.  For most appointments you will only be required to show your Provincial Health Card (e.g. OHIP) or International Insurance card (UHIP or Cigna), along with your current student card. 

Provincial and/or International Health Insurance does NOT cover:

  • Travel:  Immunizations and/or advice on health care while travelling (Trent Student Health Services charges $40 for a travel appointment)
  • 3rd Party Billing:  This is a request from another party to complete a form (i.e. forms needed to volunteer, for employment, or driver's license physicals). Price varies.
  • TB testing if requested by another party, other than a Physician 

You may call Student Health Services to enquire what the cost of your visit will be @ 705-748-1481 or stop by Blackburn Hall - Suite 111 during business hours. 

Ontario Students: OHIP

OHIP covers physician services, hospitalization, x-ray and laboratory services. The cost of prescription medication and dental visits are not covered by your OHIP card. Please refer to your Trent benefit plan for coverage (see contact info below).

Out of Province Students

Out-of-province students must be insured through their home province health plans. 

Quebec Students

We are now able to bill directly to Quebec Provincial Health for your appointments. Students are no longer required to pay up front at the time they have an appointment with the Physician.  Students will fill out a Claim Form for each visit with the Physician which will be submitted by Student Health Services to Régie for reimbursement. 

International Students (UHIP or Cigna)

Sunlife (UHIP) and Cigna insurance will pay for most physician services and medical tests. Please contact your insurance provider for more details if required.

Other Private Health Insurance/Uninsured

Students without health insurance or with other private health insurance are responsible for health care costs. We will provide a receipt for any payments made.

The TCSA Extended Health and Dental Benefit Plan

For information on extended health and dental coverage for students at Trent please call the Trent Central Student Association at 705-748-1000