Student Health Services is available to all current students who attend Trent University. For most appointments you will only be required to show your Provincial Health Card (e.g. OHIP) or International Insurance card (UHIP or Cigna), along with your current student card.
Provincial and/or International Health Insurance does NOT cover:
- Travel: Immunizations and/or advice on health care while traveling (Trent Student Health Services charges $40 for a travel appointment)
- 3rd Party Billing: This is a request from another party to complete a form (i.e. forms needed to volunteer, for employment, or driver's license physicals). Price varies.
- TB testing if requested by another party, other than a Physician
- Pregnancy tests ($5)
- Ear Syringing that is not medically necessary ($11.25 +HST)
- Prescription Renewals without an appointment ($15)
You may call Student Health Services to inquire what the cost of your visit will be @ 705-748-1481.
Ontario Students: OHIP
OHIP covers physician services, hospitalization, x-ray and laboratory services. The cost of prescription medication and dental visits are not covered by your OHIP card. Please refer to your Trent benefit plan for coverage (see contact info below).
Out of Province Students
Out-of-province students must be insured through their home province health plans.
We are now able to bill directly to Quebec Provincial Health for your appointments. Students are no longer required to pay up front at the time they have an appointment with the Physician. Students will fill out a Claim Form for each visit with the Physician which will be submitted by Student Health Services to Régie for reimbursement.
International Students (UHIP or COWAN)
Sunlife (UHIP) and COWAN insurance will pay for most physician services and medical tests. Please contact your insurance provider for more details if required.
Other Private Health Insurance/Uninsured
Students without health insurance or with other private health insurance are responsible for health care costs. We will provide a receipt for any payments made.
The TCSA Extended Health and Dental Benefit Plan
For information on extended health and dental coverage for students at Trent please contact the Trent Central Student Association