Due to COVID-19 we are using a hybrid model of care meaning some appointments will be virtual (zoom or phone) and some in person. The type of appointment will be determined using a client centred approach when you call to book.
Clinical Services Available:
*All services are confidential
- Birth control counselling
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and counselling
- PAP testing
- STI testing, information, treatment, and follow-up
- Travel medicine
- Prescription renewals
- First aid, wound care and dressing, suture removal
- Wart treatment
- Colds, flus, headaches, migraines
- Immunizations and other injections (allergy, B12, Depo, etc.)
- TB testing (Nursing students please contact the School of Nursing)
- Smoking cessation counselling
- Nutritional assessment and counselling by a Registered Dietician
- Referrals to specialists as deemed medically necessary
- Mental health assessments & treatment
- Gender affirming care for trans and non-binary individuals (including hormone provision and surgical planning)
- COVID-19 testing. Refer here for more information
- COVID vaccination. Refer here for more information
Mental Health Nurse:
The Mental Health Nurse completes an intake, performs assessments, provides individualized mental health education, supports healthy changes, helps students understand medications, and links to community health systems.
Dietitian Service: One-to-one Nutrition Appointments
Food is an important part of life. It effects your energy levels, your mood, your academic and athletic performances. You can book a virtual individual appointment with local dietitian Lise Leahy if you:
- Have questions about food and nutrition
- Need ideas for healthy, quick, and low cost meals and snacks
- Would like to learn more about how to optimize your diet
- Feel that you could improve your energy levels or your performance
- Would like to improve your relationship with food and your body
- Suffer from a food intolerance
- Have questions about dietary supplements
Appointment fee is $50. Payment is by e-transfer and MUST be made AT THE TIME OF BOOKING for it to be confirmed.
To request an appointment:
If an appointment is cancelled more than 24 hours prior to the appointment a full $50 reimbursement will be given.
If the cancellation is made on the day of the appointment a 25$ cancellation fee will be applied and the balance of the fee will be returned.
If an appointment is simply not attended, there is no reimbursement.
Student VIP Canada is an organization who provides financial support to students for medical appointments.