Investing in You: Trent University National Renewable Entrance Scholarships for Canadian Students
If you're a top scholar with an average of 80% or higher you automatically receive an entrance scholarship to Trent - no application required!
Trent’s guaranteed (and renewable!) national entrance scholarships are available for Canadian students entering an undergraduate program directly from a Canadian secondary school. Canadian students transferring to Trent from another postsecondary institution are also eligible for entrance scholarships.
Our entrance scholarships are renewable each year, when you maintain an 80% average in a full course load. This can really pay off - with a total scholarship potential of $12,000 for up to four years.
Are you an international student? Be sure to explore Trent's generous international scholarships and awards.
|Entering Average||Maximum Scholarship Potential||Details|
|95%+||$12,000||$3,000 X 4 years|
|90% - 95%||$10,000||$2,500 X 4 years|
|85% - 90%||$6,000||$1,500 X 4 years|
|80% - 85%||$4,000||$ 1,000 X 4 years|
Secondary Students - Canadian students entering first year at Trent from a Canadian secondary school with an admission average of 80% or higher.
Transfer Students - Students who transfer from a minimum of two-full time semesters at another accredited Canadian post-secondary institution (University or College Diploma program), with an admission average of 80% or higher.
- Transfer from college certificate program
- Part-time students
- Non-degree seeking students
- Mature students (e.g. out of high school for more than 2 years)
- BED students
Details & Conditions
- Admission grade point average for incoming students
- Ontario High School student’s average is calculated by averaging the top 6 4U or 4M courses; not program specific.
- Out-of-Province student’s average is based on undergraduate admission requirements.
- Transfer student’s average is based on the cumulative average from previous institution attended.
- Final scholarship amounts will be communicated to students by the Financial Aid office.
- Scholarships can be renewed by maintaining an average of 80% or above in 5.0 Trent credits per year.
Scholarship conditions and values are subject to change.
Scholarships for Home Schooled Students
Only students who have objective, third-party grades, will be offered Entrance Scholarships.
Students who are home schooled may qualify for scholarships if they completed senior secondary school credits and are using 4U/4M, AP or IB marks as a basis for admission. Students who have written the SAT test will also be considered for scholarships based on the grade translation assessed by the Admissions office.
Scholarships for International Students
International Scholarships are awarded through the Trent International office.