Counselling is provided on an individual basis to both full and part-time students enrolled at Trent University Durham with the aim to help students with personal concerns that interfere with academic performance and emotional wellbeing.
How can counselling be helpful?
- Increase self-understanding
- Decrease isolation, increase support
- Safe space to reflect, talk and learn
- Work through issues
- Develop strategies for feeling better
- Obtain referrals and resources
Appointment booking options:
- Call: 905-435-5100
- Visit: Main office, room 101
- Call: Candice Stoliker, MA, Counselling (Psych) at 905-435-5102 ext 5024
If you have questions about the counselling process or what to expect and having these answered would help you in moving forward, please contact the Counsellor at email@example.com or by calling 905-435-5102 ext 5024.
Crisis / After Hours Supports
- Good2Talk - Postsecondary Helpline ( www.good2talk.ca) - 1-866-925-5454
- Durham Mental Health Services (dmhs.ca) – 1-800-742-1890
- Mindyourmind.ca: Steps to take to help you if you are considering suicide
The following resources are available to you if you’ve been assaulted…
During office hours (Monday - Friday / 9:00 am – 4:00 pm):
Counsellor, Candice Stoliker at 905-435-5102 x5024.
- Durham Region Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Care Centre (Lakeridge Health) 905-576-8711 or visit the Lakeridge Health emergency department
- Durham Rape Crisis Centre - 24/7 crisis line that provides support, information and referral to anyone who has experienced sexual violence or those who are supporting survivors of sexual violence - 905-668-9200
Durham Rape Crisis Centre (DRCC) http://durhamrapecrisiscentre.com/
DRCC is a non-profit organization located in Durham Region, funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General. DRCC provides a range of services to those who reside in the Durham Region, who identify as female or trans, are ages 16+ and are survivors of recent or historical sexual abuse, sexual assault or sexual harassment.
Individual counselling is offered on the Trent University Durham campus every Monday from 1 - 5pm.
To book an appointment you can:
- Email: Jackie Clements MSW, RSW at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: Jackie at (905) 444-9672 ext. 22
- Visit: Main office room 101
Note: If you are e-mailing or calling Jackie, please make sure you let her know you are a Trent student interested in counselling on campus.
Check out the Health & Wellness Collection available in the library.
Video: What is Mental Health
Video: I Am Me
iCopeU: An online student mental health portal