Counselling is provided on an individual basis to both full and part-time students enrolled at Trent University Durham with the aim to help students with personal concerns that interfere with academic performance and emotional wellbeing.
How can counselling be helpful?
- Increase self-understanding
- Decrease isolation, increase support
- Safe space to reflect, talk and learn
- Work through issues
- Develop strategies for feeling better
- Obtain referrals and resources
Book An Appointment:
Corinn Phillips, RP
Call: 905-435-5102 ext 5024
Sheila Moeck, M.Ed., RP, OCT
905-435-5102, ext 5021
Available for appointments on Mondays and Thursdays
Walk-in 1-2 p.m.
If you have questions about the counselling process or what to expect and having these answered would help you in moving forward, please contact the Counsellor/Accessibility Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 905-435-5102 ext 5024.
Crisis and After Hours Supports
- Good2Talk - Postsecondary Helpline 1-866-925-5454.
- Durham Mental Health Services 1-800-742-1890.
- Mindyourmind website lists steps to take to help you if you are considering suicide.
The following resources are available to you if you’ve been assaulted…
Counsellor, Corinn Phillips, MA, RP, at 905-435-5102 x 5024.
Monday - Friday / 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Therapist, Sheila Moeck, M.Ed., RP, OCT, at 905-435-5102 ext 5021
Monday & Thursday
- Durham Region Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Care Centre (Lakeridge Health) 905-576-8711 or visit the Lakeridge Health emergency department
- Durham Rape Crisis Centre - 24/7 crisis line that provides support, information and referral to anyone who has experienced sexual violence or those who are supporting survivors of sexual violence - 905-668-9200
Check out the Health & Wellness Collection available in the library.
- Video: What is Mental Health
- Video: I had a black dog, his name was depression
- Video: I Am Me
- Student Health 101 @ Trent University
Health Promotions Team
We are a group of students offering programming and resources aimed at keeping students healthy and happy during their time on and off-campus. Click HERE to visit our Health Promotions page.