Tools for creating your schedule are found in the MyTrent portal in the 'Register' tab under the 'Courses' section.
What courses should you take?
Whether you have chosen a major or not, it is important to take courses that interest you and courses that keep options open for the future. Selecting and registering for your courses will/can/should take some time. Be patient and consider your options.
- Degree requirements, course descriptions, and program options are located in the Academic Calendar (more information on degree/program requirements).
- Academic Advising has compiled a list of first-year course suggestions (1000 level courses) for each major.
- If you have electives to plan remember that they can open opportunities for experience outside of your major.
- When choosing how many courses to take you may want to review the factors that influence course load.
- Transfer students have additional considerations to review when choosing courses
- Remember that all students beginning their studies in the Fall 2018 and beyond must take at least 0.5 credit from the Approved Indigenous Course List (see p. 17 in Academic Calendar).
- Your academic department may also have information and suggestions specific to your major.
See the following links for more information on: