Trent Summer Work Experience Program (TSWEP)
Build career skills at Trent University through paid full-time summer employment opportunities
Trent Work Study Program Contact Information
Each summer the Trent Summer Work Experience Program (TSWEP) funds hundreds of full-time (35hrs/week) student summer jobs in and around campus that are specifically for students with financial need. Eligible students are those receiving OSAP, funding from another province or territory, or funding through their Band or Education office (includes Post-Secondary Student Support Program or PSSSP), and who meet the definition of full-time that is set out by OSAP. See the OSAP definition of full-time below.
- Students must be intending to return to Trent full-time for the 2023-24 school year. Students intending to graduate before January 2024 are not eligible.
- Students must meet the eligibility requirements each term in order to maintain eligibility for these funded positions.
- To be eligible students must be receiving funding, meet the OSAP definition of full-time (see below), and have their enrolment and funding confirmed with OSAP, their home province or territory, or their Band or education office.
- Students do not have to be registered in summer courses to be eligible.
- Students will receive an email in regard confirming their eligibility for TSWEP. If they do not receive an email they may inquire about their eligibility by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time OSAP Definition
- 1.5 credits per term OR 1.0 credits per term for students with a permanent disability
- Students will have to complete an application for proof of eligibility. They can find the form in myTrent under Support > Financial Aid > Trent Summer Work Experience Program (TSWEP) Student Eligibility Application (Form will open mid March)
- For questions regarding proof of eligibilty contact the email@example.com to inquire about their eligibility
Student Job Board
- Available jobs are posted on the Student Job Board in the myTrent student portal and are usually marked to indicate that they are funded through the TSWEP.
- How to search the Student Job Board: trentu.ca/sep
Careerspace and the Office of the Registrar have renewed this joint initiative to help undergraduate and
graduate students build their career skills at Trent University through paid employment opportunities.
TSWEP will cover the full cost of student salaries, at the regular student rate, for approved summer
positions (From May to August 2024) with Trent departments and faculty.
Applications will open for employers will open March 2024
Eligibility of positions proposed for funding will be determined on a first-come, first-serve basis, and to
start, we will only be approving a maximum of three positions per department. Approvals will be based
on the following criteria:
- Position is full-time (up to 35 hours per week), however part-time positions may be considered;
- Position must be hired and supervised by internal Trent departments.
Positions may be task, project, or research-based, depending on the needs of the department or faculty
member. Funding will be considered for new positions and existing summer positions for which an
eligible student has already been hired.
How to Post Your Position on the Student Job Board
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the student job board.
The Trent Summer Work Experience Program will cover the full cost of student salaries paid from the TSWEP account there is no need to apply for reimbursement.