The compressed program leading to an Honours degree in Nursing (BScN) consists of 20 credits with at least 12 nursing credits. Additionally, 1.0 credit consisting of PSYC 1020H and 1030H or approved equivalent is required (minimum grade of 60%). Students will normally have a minimum of 2.0 1000-level elective credits and 1.0 2000-level elective credit previously completed.
Download the Compressed Program Course Map as an easy quick reference guide and checklist to ensure you understand and meet your degree requirements. The Academic Calendar is the official document of the University and should also be reviewed to ensure you understand all of the requirements of your program and policies of the institution.
The program must include:
Year 1 (including Spring/Summer Session)
- 5.0 NURS credits consisting of NURS 1000H, 1001H, 1002H, 1020H, 1550H, 2001H, 2003H, 2021H, 2031H, and 2550H
- 1.0 credits consisting of BIOL 1050H and 1051H
- 0.5 credit elective at the 3000 level or higher
Year 2 (including Spring/Summer Session)
- 6.0 NURS credits consisting of NURS 2000H, 2020H, 3000H, 3001H, 3004H, 3020H, 3021H, 3031H, 3550H, and 4020C
- 0.5 credit consisting of one of NURS 3560H, PHIL 2390H, PSYC 3560H, PSYC 3750H, OR SOCI-GESO 2430H
- 0.5 credit elective at the 3000-level or higher
- 0.5 NURS credit from one of Advanced Topics Group 1 or 2*
Year 3 (Fall only)
- 1.5 NURS credits consisting of NURS 4021C
- 0.5 NURS credit from one of Advanced Topics Group 2 or 1*
All students are required to take at least 0.5 credit from each of the advanced topics groupings listed below:
- Advanced Topic Group 1: NURS 4011H/4012H, 4100H, 4102H, 4103H, 4104H, 4105H, 4106H, 4108H, NURS–ERSC/ERSC–INDG 4740Y
- Advanced Topic Group 2: NURS 4011H/4012H, 4201H, 4203H, 4204H, 4205H, 4207H, NURS-GESO 4208H, NURS–ERSC/ERST–INDG 4740Y
Please consult the academic timetable for information on courses that will be offered and when they will be scheduled for a given academic year.
Indigenous Course Requirement (ICR)
All undergraduate students beginning studies at Trent in the Fall 2018 term or thereafter must complete at least 0.5 credit from the Approved Indigenous Course List as part of their university degree requirements. Individual courses that meet this requirement are designated by the (ICR) after the title of the course. The Approved Indigenous Course List can be found in the Academic Calendar and here: https://www.trentu.ca/indigenous/icr.