All full-time Trent Durham GTA undergraduate students will receive a Universal Transit Pass (UPASS) for Durham Region Transit (DRT) as part of their ancillary fees. The digital UPASS is available for the fall term from September 1 - December 31, and winter term from January 1 - April 30. You will receive an email informing you that your UPASS is ready to be activated at the beginning of each term. Please note the UPASS in not available for the spring/summer term.
- You must be registered for in-person Trent Durham courses before the beginning of each term to receive the UPASS invitation before classes begin.
- Your Campus Home Location must be Trent Durham. You can make the change in myTrent > Support > College Life > Change Campus Home Location
- The DRT UPASS fee needs to be added to your student account for the current term.
- Students who register in courses after September 1st, or January 1st will receive their UPASS invitation once the above steps have been completed.
How do I use the new digital UPASS?
The digital UPASS uses the PRESTO E-Ticket app to provide a convenient and contact-free way to show proof of payment when using DRT services. Follow these simple steps:
1. Download the PRESTO E-Ticket app: The PRESTO E-Ticket app can be downloaded for free to your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Create your account: Set up your personal account on the PRESTO E-Ticket app. Be sure to use your Trent e-mail address. This is how you will receive the digital U-Pass in your account.
3. Activate your PRESTO E-Ticket before you ride: The digital U-Pass will appear in the “Available” folder in your PRESTO E-Ticket app when you receive the email that it is available. Be sure to activate the U-Pass E-Ticket before your first ride on DRT.
4. Show and tap your PRESTO E-Ticket: When boarding a DRT bus, open the QR code in the activated PRESTO E-Ticket and hold it to the barcode scanner on the PRESTO reader to validate your fare.*
* PRESTO E-Ticket customers should be sure to download the latest update to the PRESTO E-Ticket app in order to enable QR code fare validation.
Master of Management Students
If you are a Master of Management Student and you would like to opt-in to the DRT UPASS program for fall 2023, instructions coming in August.
- Please note the UPASS is not available for the spring/summer term.
Trent Durham Students
Remember that your digital UPASS is non-transferable and valid for travel on DRT services only.
If you have a new device and need a new E-Ticket, or you do not have a smartphone and need a physical card, please e-mail your request to email@example.com
For more information and a full list of schedules and maps, visit the website:
If you experience issues with the UPASS, please contact PRESTO Contact Centre at 1-877-378-6123 during the hours of:
Monday to Friday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Weekends 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Holidays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.