All full-time Trent Durham GTA undergraduate students will receive a Universal Transit Pass (UPASS) for Durham Region Transit (DRT) as part of their ancillary fees. The digital UPASS for the Winter term will be active from January 1 - April 30. You will receive an email informing you that your UPASS is ready to be activated.
How do I use the new digital UPASS?
The digital U-Pass uses the PRESTO E-Ticket app to provide a convenient and touchless way to show proof of payment when using DRT services. Follow these simple steps:
1. Download the PRESTO E-Ticket app: The PRESTO E-Ticket app can be downloaded for free to your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Create your account: Set up your personal account on the PRESTO E-Ticket app. Be sure to use your trentu e-mail address. This is how you will receive the digital U-Pass in your account.
3. Activate your PRESTO E-Ticket before you ride: The digital U-Pass will appear in the “Available” folder in your PRESTO E-Ticket app when you receive the email that it is available. Be sure to activate the U-Pass E-Ticket before your first ride on DRT.
4. Show and tap your PRESTO E-Ticket: When boarding a DRT bus, open the QR code in the activated PRESTO E-Ticket and hold it to the barcode scanner on the PRESTO reader to validate your fare.*
* PRESTO E-Ticket customers should be sure to download the latest update to the PRESTO E-Ticket app in order to enable QR code fare validation.
Remember that your digital U-Pass is non-transferable and valid for travel on DRT services only. If you do not have a smartphone, please contact email@example.com with your name and student number.
For more information and a full list of schedules and maps, visit the website: