“It is the responsibility of all students to familiarize themselves with the specific requirements for the degree or diploma which they seek. While advice and counselling are readily available, it is the students’ responsibility to ensure that the courses in which they register fulfill their degree and program requirements.” Reference: Trent University Academic Calendar 2022-2023, page 3.
The Do It Yourself (DIY) Degree Check is a guide. Each student scenario is different (i.e. you may have changed your path a few times with your major, option or specialization), so, only use this to gain a sense of what you still may need to complete or satisfy your degree and program requirements.
How to complete your DIY Degree Check:
- Watch our helpful DIY Degree Check video tutorial
- Download a copy of the DIY Degree Check to your computer (the document will be a Microsoft Word document). Download Now.
- Complete the University Requirements checklist to ensure you are on track with all non-program related requirements.
- Complete the Program Requirement section to ensure that you are taking all of the courses needed for your program(s) - major, joint-majors, minors, specializations, streams, and options. You will need your Academic Calendar for this section.
- Complete the Summary, to clearly outline which courses and requirements are still needed to fulfill both the University and Program Requirements.
Note: In order to complete your degree check, you will need your Academic Record. You can find your Academic Record in your myTrent portal by selecting the “Academics” Tab and then clicking on the icon labeled “Unofficial Transcript.” This will have a record of all courses completed with their grades as well as the courses you are currently taking and are registered in.
Following your degree check, please refer to the Next Steps section at the end of the document. If you have any questions or would like some clarification, please feel free to book an appointment with an Academic Advisor by going the Meet with an Advisor section of this website.