Helpful Tips for Parking at the Symons Campus
- Due to unprecedented demand on the East Bank, the hardest time to find parking is at class change (10 minutes to the hour). To help avoid the rush, come early or go directly to the West Bank and park.
- Check out our interactive map to help plan your route.
- Overnight Parking is only permitted in Lot O on the West Bank and Lot X on East bank to facilitate snow removal.
- A Regular Parking Permit allows you to park on the both sides of the campus and access to 18 parking lots. If the lot is full you must park in the next available lot. Parking is not permitted on the shoulder of the roadway or grass area
- To avoid morning traffic congestion on West Bank Drive, it may be fast to enter via Woodland Drive
- Living on residence and need to drop items off at your building? If you can use a 15 min loading and unloading parking space. If there isn't one near your building please park in designated space with your four ways flashers on. This will notify our parking enforcement rep that you are just running in quickly and they will give a grace period of 15-20 minutes while you are loading or unloading your items. If you need more time please contact the parking office during business hours and security for after hours.
- Vehicle failure please contact the Security office for assistance 705-748-1011 ext. 6282
Need a Parking Permit - instructions here or go to Parking Permits & Fees
How to update your vehicle information on your account:
1. Log in to our Parking Portal to manage your account https://trentu.parkadmin.com/login
2. Enter your username and password
3. You will see a tab called “Vehicles” , select tab. A disclaimer will appear, select “I agree”.
4. From here you can add a new vehicle or edit your existing ones. You can not change your licence plate number. If the vehicle is still the same but you have new plates, you will have to add a new vehicle and make the old one “inactive”.
*When selecting your plate type please select “Passenger” unless you require a different plate type such as Motorcycle or Dealership.
Once this is complete, your vehicle is safe for Licence Plate Recognition parking in your eligible zones.
How to do an Appeal from your parking account:
1. Log in or create an account: https://trentu.parkadmin.com/login
2. Select the appeals tab
3. Select the Request an Appeal tab
4. Enter appeal reason in the Reason for Appeal space and then hit Submit Appeal.
You will be sent a response within 7 business days.
How to Pay a Parking Ticket online Anonymously:
1. Click on this link for the steps to pay a ticket online anonymously without having to create an account. Anonymous Payment
2. Online payments can be made with Visa or MasterCard. Visa Debit will not work and payment will not process if using Safari.
Electric Charging Stations on Campus.
2 EV charging stations located on the Symons Campus, Peterborough. They are located in Lot K near LEC on the West Bank and Lot Z behind the DNA building. The hourly rate for charging is $1.50 and you will need to have a Tent parking permit as well.
How to use the EV charging stations.
1. Download the ChargePoint app on your iphone or android.
2. Create an account.
Once an account is created you are all set to start charging.
How to Charge your EV on ChargePoint https;//www.chargepoint.com/en-ca/support/how-to-charge/
Driver Support - How to: https;//www.chargepoint.com/drivers/support-faq/
PlugShare, helps drivers locate charging stations all over Canada; https;//www.plugshare.co
What is LPR?
LPR, Licence Plate Recognition technology uses optical character recognition to automatically read license plate characters. Trent will be operating mobile LPR, which uses vehicle-mounted cameras to verify plates in all campus lots.
LPR will increase the accuracy of identifying unauthorized or unregistered vehicles parked on campus. This new technology automates the process and notifies parking staff of unauthorized vehicles.
The addition of LPR technology, Parking Services has upgraded all pay and display machines to a touch screen which includes pay by plate that relays back to the LPR software. This means you will not have to display your pay and slip in your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Licence Plate Recognition?
· Licence Plate Recognition is state of the art parking technology that uses optical character recognition to automatically read license plate characters. Western will be operating mobile LPR, which uses vehicle-mounted cameras to verify plates in all campus lots.
Why is Trent using LPR?
· With the increased volume of vehicles on campus it’s important for us to protect the space of paying permit holders. This new technology allows us to scan the campus quickly and effectively multiple times a day.
Why do I need to update the vehicle and licence plate information on my account?
· License plate recognition relies on information about your vehicle to ensure that the vehicle matches the permit being used.
Will I need to display my physical hang tag?
· No, by moving to LPR we can be paper free. This includes our pay and display machines.
What do I do about loaner or rental vehicles?
· Loaner and rental vehicles need to be added to your account and linked to your permit. Once you return your loaned or rented vehicle, you can log back into your account and remove the vehicle.
Are the images scanned by the camera saved?
· No, the images are not saved. Photos are taken by Trent Parking Enforcement Representatives if a citation is written but no images are saved using LPR.