Take Our Kids to Work Day (TM)
On November 1, 2023, grade 9 students in Ontario will spend the day at work, job shadowing a parent, relative or friend. The students will develop an appreciation for the importance of staying in school and gain exposure to the skills required in today's workplaces. Parents will participate in a shared experience with their child that can start a career dialogue.
Trent University supports this program and puts safety first. We recommend supervisors and employees participating in the program begin the day with an orientation session that outlines the workday agenda, behaviour expectations and safety issues. Students are to be supervised at all times throughout the day.
Employees who wish to participate in the program are required to:
1. Get their supervisors permission in advance.
2. Read and adhere to the Take Our Kids to Work procedures.
Welcome to Risk Management at Trent University
"Risk" is simply uncertainty. It is the chance that an event, trend or course of action will have either a negative or positive effect on an institution’s ability to meet its operational and strategic goals.
“Management” is about making things happen. It is the act of planning and coordinating the efforts of people to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively.
“Risk Management” recognizes that there is an element of risk in any decision or activity that must be identified, assessed and mitigated to increase the likelihood of a positive outcome and reduce the likelihood of a loss.
Trent University encourages intelligent risk taking when the risk is properly managed. It is the mandate of the Risk Management Department to provide risk management tools, advice and support so that every member of the Trent community who is responsible for a decision, activity or course of action can effectively manage the associated risks.
The Risk Management Department includes the following functions:
- Enterprise Risk Management Program- identification, assessment and mitigation of strategic and business risks
- Activity Risk Management Policy- a tool to assist activity coordinators in identifying, assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Risk Transfer- Insurance and indemnification
- Incident response and patrols
- Physical security equipment and services
- Security awareness training
- Emergency Management Plans
- Emergency Management training and exercises
- Emergency Communication System
Parking & Access Control
We invite you to explore our site and acquaint yourself with the tools and services available to you to assist you in managing your risks so that you can increase your probability of success, and reduce the potential for loss, in every decision and activity you undertake here at Trent.