University Transfer Student
Trent is the most transfer-credit friendly university in Ontario.
Completing a university degree opens doors and expands your options. With many transfer agreements and flexible pathway options, Trent University is a leader in helping students achieve degree completion goals.
- Applicants who have completed at least one semester in an accredited Canadian university, with a cumulative average of 65% (2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0) will be considered for admission to Trent University
The following programs require a higher minimum average for admission:
- Bachelor of Environmental Science/Studies (BESS) 70%
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BScN) 70%*
- Bachelor of Science, Forensic Science (BScFs) 70%*
- Biomedical Science (BSc) 70%
- Kinesiology (BHSc) 70%
- Law & Arts: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree (LLB & BA) 80%
- Medical Professional Stream (BA or BSc) 80%
- Teacher Education Stream (BA or BSc) 70%
- A minimum grade of 60% is required in any university course to be considered for course-by-course transfer credit assessment
- Up to a maximum of 10 credits (two years of full-time study) may be applied to an undergraduate degree at Trent University
Transfer Credit Database
You can search Trent's transfer credit database in order to review some of the transfer credits that you may be eligible for. The transfer credit database is a listing of courses that Trent has previously evaluated for equivalency. Please note: If you do not see your course listed in the transfer credit database, it probably means that we have not had an opportunity to previously evaluate your course for a transfer credit equivalency. You may be requested to submit course syllabi.