Early Career Researcher Award (established 2021)
This annual award recognizes Trent University early career promising researchers and is designed to help accelerate early-stage career faculty in building a sustainable research program. The value of the award is $ 5,000 and will be awarded annually for up to two early career researchers in the form of a research grant.
The 2023 Early Career Researcher Award competition is now closed.
- Candidates must be within their first five years of a TUFA permanent appointment at Trent University (note: the Selection Committee will consider personal leave circumstances)
- Self‐nomination is acceptable
- Canada Research Chairs are not eligible for nomination
- Recipients of the award will not be eligible for future nomination for this award
For full details please see the Early Career Researcher Award Terms of Reference.
To complete a nomination, please access the Nomination Form.
Early Career Researcher Award Past Recipients
- 2023 - Dr. Jenn Cole (Chanie Wenjack School for Indigenous Studies, and Gender & Social Justice) and Dr. Kim Ritchie (Trent/Fleming School of Nursing)
- 2022 - Dr. Karen Blair (Psychology), Dr. Graham Raby (Biology), and Dr. Elizabeth Russell (Psychology)