Teacher Candidates experience workshops, curriculum development, and garden-based activities at local school and community sites to personally develop a connection to a learning garden. The program involves partnerships with GreenUp/Ecology Park.
The objectives of the alternative 75 hour placement include:
- Providing Teacher Candidates with the knowledge, motivation, and skills to facilitate the transmission of an environmental consciousness to their future students;
- Developing eco-literacy knowledge and skills;
- Learning about local food sustainability and environmental leadership;
- Environmental education connections to the Ontario curriculum through language, math, science & social studies, physical and health education, and the arts;
- Assist Teacher Candidates in critically implementing the Acting Today, Shaping Tomorrow: Environmental Education in Ontario Schools (2009) policy framework.
» For more information about this opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org