Are you interested in learning how to incorporate gaming into your teaching? This placement offers you the opportunity to analyze the use of gaming in education, to create gaming curriculum, and to develop a personal approach to the use of gaming as an educational tool. All levels of knowledge are welcome (from no experience to gaming experts). You may be working independently or collaboratively.
Here are some ideas you might consider exploring, through this placement:
- Considering how concepts in gaming might help improve teaching strategies
- Disrupting and dispelling stereotypes of gaming and gamers in relation to schooling
- Exploring social issues in gaming: (eg literacy, sexuality, gender, class, race, religion, environment, learning (dis)abilities, violence, shame, health, mental health, power, Indigenous Knowledge, democratic engagement, critical thinking, gaming during covid)
- Developing gaming lesson plans, units, curriculum
- Developing a gaming education research proposal
- Creating lessons about stories, shows, spin-offs etc. of games and/or comparisons of the different genres
- Creating a gaming club for a school (pretend or real)
- Locating games that would be ideal for the study of certain subject areas
For the 2023-2024 academic year, this placement will be taking place virtually.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org