Being Trent University’s oldest college, Traill has almost six decades of traditions that make up its collegiate tapestry. For example:
- Students, Fellows (faculty and staff), and alumni of Traill are called Traillites.
- We have mascots (such as The Happy Box and Tucker the Squirrel) and even a ghost (or two).
- Traill College boasts the second-longest alumni event in the university. For over 40 years, the Team Trend hockey tournament has brought together Traill alumni.
- Every October, new matriculating students are provided a College scarf in an annual ceremony that brings together current students, fellows, and alumni of the College.
- Pizza Fridays and the Traill Carnival are two recently established traditions that offer further opportunities for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community to interact.
- Traill College Dinners happen two or three times a year and give the Traill community a unique place for food, fellowship, and fun. Everyone sits at long tables, and it is a great way to meet new people. There is always live music, great food, and dinner is always followed by a round of energetic toasts. Participants are encouraged to be as formal as they want to be. Whether you are wearing a T-shirt or a Tuxedo, you are welcome at a Traill College Dinner.
- The Trend (a portmanteau for Traill’s End) is situated at the back of the College and has been serving up good food and good times at Traill since 1967. Chef Christopher guarantees that the best food at Trent University can be found at The Trend.
- The Jalynn Bennett Amphitheatre is Traill’s newest space poised to be the place where countless, new Traill traditions will happen.
Come by and find out for yourself why more and more people are saying, “Traill Wow!”