News and Events
CHREA Virtual Office Hours!
Virtual office hours are held every 2nd Thursday of the month from 10 am - 11:30 am.
Are you a staff or faculty member with a question about accessible document creation? Let CHREA assist you through a video conference (Zoom) meeting during Virtual Office Hours. Please contact Andrea Walsh to obtain a link.
Are you a staff or faculty member with a disability? Do you need information or support related to managing emergency situations? If so, please fill out the Emergency Response Form for Employees and talk to your manager/supervisor.
Upcoming Events: Visit our CHREA Trainings Page or our Resource page for more information about upcoming workshops or events
Workshop: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Curriculum and Pedagogy: Embedding Anti-racism and Decolonization for faculty, staff and those with a research and teaching portfolio
The Office of Research & Innovation is pleased to join with the Centre for Teaching & Learning to offer a two-day workshop entitled “Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in Curriculum and Pedagogy: Embedding Anti-racism and Decolonization.”
WHEN: Tue Oct. 26 (12-3pm) and Wed Oct. 27 (9:30am-12:30pm).
*Participants must attend both half-day sessions to complete the workshop.
Registration: Please register here by Oct. 22.
About the Workshop: Provided by Senomi Solutions Diversity Consulting and Services, this two-day workshop will provide participants with foundational understanding, skills, tools and resources to begin to address challenges and barriers equity-deserving groups face in the classroom by:
- Fostering dialogue on racism and systems of oppression as it relates teaching
- Considering forms of allyship
- Embedding understanding of social identities and intersectionality into courses
- Discussing current anti-racist and decolonial practices in curriculum and pedagogy
- Navigating difficult conversations on race in the classroom
- Embedding anti-racism and decolonial frameworks in your syllabus
About the Facilitator: Dr. Nicole Kaniki is the Director of Senomi Solutions, an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) consulting firm providing support to companies, organizations and institutions in the evaluation and implementation of EDI strategies for an equitable and inclusive culture where diversity can thrive. Dr. Kaniki comes with six years of experience in strategic EDI in research and development at Western University. She was also the Special Advisor on anti-racism to the President at Western University and is the current Director of EDI in Research and Innovation at the University of Toronto.
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day - Thursday May 20, 2021 | Trent University GAAD Video
- CHREA Positive Space Training
- CHREA Valuing Diversity, Respecting Individuals & Supporting Equity and Inclusion Training
- Creating Accessible PDFs with Adobe Pro
- Accessible PowerPoint and Excel Files
- Know Your Rights: Accessibility and Accommodations at Trent University.
- CHREA presents 'Trans in the 21st Century: Roots, Emergence, and Direction'
- AODA: Customer Service Certification.
- CHREA @ Orientation Week.
- Trent's CHREA presents 'Embracing Difference in Difficult Times - Rights, Faith, Identity and Muslims
- Enabling Accessibility Grant celebration