Third Year Students
During this year, you will focus more on your career choices and gaining relevant experience.
- Check out the Trent Community Research Centre and the possibility of qualifying for a Community Research Placement Course.
- Re-examine your career direction by conducting information interviews with professionals in your career field(s) of choice. Learn more about the Life After Trent: Mentoring Program.
- Update your résumé, and continue to develop your career portfolio.
- Investigate graduate/professional programs. Begin assembling information for graduate school applications.
Tips For Success:
- Keep your grades up.
- Get involved with your student associations or community groups, seeking leadership positions.
- Gain work experience related to your major and career choice.
- Begin planning for your final year by continuing to access services at Careerspace.
- If possible, choose a summer job related to your career direction.