Allan Marshall Pool Reconstruction
Vital community facility will reopen Fall 2023 to Trent and local community following significant revitalization project.
Phase 1: Demolition
Phase 2: Inground Plumbing
Phase 3: Backfilling
Phase 4: Above ground plumbing
Phase 5: Tiling/Finishes
News & Updates
April 17, 2023
Allan Marshall Pool Reconstruction Underway
Acapulco Pools have commenced work; vital community facility to re-open to Trent and local communities fall 2023
Phase I of the reconstruction of the Allan Marshall Pool is now underway. With their commitment to being the leader in the construction of prominent aquatic facilities in North America, Acapulco Pools has been selected as the contractor for the renovation.
New accessibility ramp
As part of the reconstruction project, the pool will feature a new accessibility ramp – enhancing accessibility for users of all ages and abilities.
February 6, 2023
Trent’s Allan Marshall Pool to Reopen Fall 2023 following Reconstruction
Reconstruction work expected to begin shortly
Great news for students, members, partners and the Peterborough community! The Allan Marshall Pool at the Trent Athletics Centre is set to reopen this fall, following reconstruction and repair.
The project will include an extensive revitalization of the pool’s operating systems, bringing the pool up to current aquatic industry best practices, enhancing accessibility for users of all ages and abilities, and ensuring the longevity of this important community facility. The project will be completed while the Athletics Centre remains open to all members.
Check back to this page for news and updates throughout the reconstruction. Be sure to refresh your browser.
Pool Reconstruction Update
The Allan Marshall 25m Pool, a key feature within the Trent Athletics Centre and vital community facility, is slated to undergo a significant reconstruction
The University expects to select a contractor in the new year and for reconstruction to being shortly thereafter.
The extensive reconstruction project will bring the pool up to current aquatic industry best practices, and will help ensure this important community facility remains open for many years to come.
Delivering outstanding recreation experiences to members of our local and campus communities is paramount for Trent Athletics. The Athletics Centre will remain open throughout the renovation.
Questions related to the Allan Marshall Pool can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the pool reopen?
The Allan Marshall Pool is expected to reopen in fall 2023 following significant reconstruction and repair. We invite you to check back to this website for updates.
Will the Allan Marshall Pool remain a competitive pool when it re-opens?
The University and Trent Athletics remain committed to the local aquatic sport community to keeping the pool a competitive pool for members and user groups. We look forward to welcoming back competitive swimmers from near and far to utilize this vital community facility.
What are the features of the reconstruction?
- The reconstruction project will bring the pool up to current aquatic industry best practices.
- Enhancements to accessibility for users of all ages and abilities.
- Retrofit of the structural and mechanical aspects of the pool to meet provincial code requirements and extend the life expectancy of the pool.
- Upgrades will include replacing the current perimeter piping, skimmers and pool returns, as well as increasing the water turnover rate to meet code requirement.
- The diving board will be removed and the pool will be filled to 3m depth (current deep end is 3.5m).
- A new header wall (starting blocks used for competitive swimming) will be installed.
Who uses the pool?
- As a key feature facility of the Trent Athletics Centre, the Allan Marshall Pool provides members of the Trent and local communities with opportunities for informal recreational swimming, as well as learn-to-swim, adult swim lessons, and intramural water-based programs.
- The pool is also home to the Peterborough Swim Club and Peterborough Artistic Swimming, and an important facility for many other community groups.