Book an Appointment
Peterborough Campus Undergraduate Academic Advising
We are here to help support you! This academic term, we are continuing to offer a variety of ways to connect with an Academic Advisor in your College, including phone and video appointments.
30-minute Booked Appointments with an Academic Advisor
30-minute booked appointments will be available through a variety of methods, including phone and video. For more information on how to book an appointment, please see below.
When you visit the Student Experience Portal to book an appointment, you will be able to see appointments up to two weeks away. Appointments often book up once they become available, so if you don’t see anything available (e.g. a blank calendar = all appointments are booked) or that would work well for you, you can check back the following day after 9:00am EST to see new appointments that are available. Sometimes cancellations do occur, which also means that sometimes appointments that are available sooner might also appear in the portal.
There are three ways to book an academic advising appointment:
1. Use the links here to book your appointment online through the Student Experience Portal.
- Sign in to the Student Experience Portal with your Trent username and password.
- Click on “Book Appointments” in the left menu to get started.
- If you do not have an active student account please call the Academic Advising phone line (answered by trained, upper-year student staff) 705-748-1011 ext. 7333 for help booking in Peterborough.
- A confirmation email with the appointment details will be sent to you along with a reminder email. If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so by following the links provided in the emails.
2. Call your College Office during regular business hours. For College Office contact information see our contact page.
3. If you have difficulty using the online booking system you can call the academic advising phone line at (answered by trained, upper-year student staff) 705-748-1011 ext. 7333 for assistance.
Video Chat Appointments
Students with an active account can book virtual academic advising appointments in the Student Experience Portal. When booking your appointment you can choose whether you’d like it to be held over the phone (we’ll call you) or by built-in video chat.
How do you access your built-in video chat appointment?
- Log into trentu.ca/sep. You will land on the Dashboard Overview page.
- On the day of your appointment, go to the My Video Chats section of the page and click on the View button.
- You will see the Booking Details and the Join button.
- Ten minutes before your appointment time, you will be able to access the video chat when you click on the Join button.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome to log in for your video chat appointment.
Evening Appointments with an Academic Advisor
As of Wednesday, January 26, there will be a limited number of 30-minute booked appointments available each week on Wednesday evenings during the winter term. These phone or video appointments are strictly reserved for students who are unavailable to connect during daytime appointments.
To request an evening appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- The reason for the appointment,
- Why you specifically need an evening appointment (as opposed to a daytime appointment),
- Any scheduling limitations you have on Wednesday evenings,
- Whether you would prefer a phone or video appointment, and
- A phone number where you can be reached (even if requesting a video appointment, please include a phone number).
Are you a graduate student looking for advising support?
If you are completing a Masters or PhD program, please contact your graduate program directly or the School of Graduate Studies at email@example.com