Weekly Writing Drop-In
- Review fundamental writing skills
- Work on assignments
- Get feedback from an academic skills instructor
Join us every Tuesday to hone your writing skills and consult with Lori Steers, an Academic Skills/ESL Instructor, about your papers.
When: 11am to 1pm every Tuesday - Fall 2023
Where: Morton Reading Room (SCW CCS 303)
What: At the beginning of each drop-in session, we will briefly review a different writing topic. The rest of the time is open for you to work on assignments with an instructor available to discuss your work & answer your questions.
How: Drop-ins are welcome!
Weekly Topic Schedule
- Sept. 12: Open House--Drop by, meet Lori, ask questions, grab a snack
- Sept. 19: A View From the Top: Overview of Academic Writing Genres
- Sept. 26: Proceed with Confidence: The Writing Process
- Oct 3: Watch Your Tone! Appropriate Academic Tone & Register
- Oct 10: Not a Life Sentence! Writing Effective Sentences
Oct 17: No Tension Tenses: Using Verb Tenses Effectively
Oct 24: READING WEEK
- Oct 31: Powerful Paragraphs (Introduction/Body/Conclusion)
- Nov 7: Proper Paraphrasing
- Nov 14: It's not self-evident: Integrating Evidence into Your Writing
- Nov 21: Grasping Grammar-Common Errors & How to Fix Them
- Nov 28: You're Nearly Done! Editing & Revising Your Paper