expand search


cars all facing towards the left in a parking lot.


Parking Permits & Fees

Permits are required to park anywhere on campus from 6 AM to 11 PM Monday to Friday (except holidays as recognized by the University).  

Overnight parking permits are required to park between 2 and 5 AM, Monday to Friday.  Overnight parking is only allowed in P, W and portions of U lot.

All other parking regulations are enforced 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Parking Map & Poster Table

Download the Trent University Parking Map

Trent University Parking Map, contact Karis Duncan for assistance, 705 748 1011 extension 7373

Need a parking permit? See poster for instructions

Parking Permit Poster

Quick Links (Peterborough Campus)

Permit Information

Types of permits and fees

Permits and Fees

Athletics Centre permits

Athletics Centre Permit

Parking regulations

Parking Regulations

Privacy statement

Privacy Statement

Types of Permits and fees

Long Term Parking Permits

Trent University offers parking permits for one month, any four month semester, the six month School of Education semester, the academic year (1 September to April 30) and the full calendar year.  Rates reflect the decreased amount of administration required for longer duration permits.

In addition to regular (red) parking permits, Trent provides a discount (green) parking lot at the north end of West Bank Drive at half the price of a red permit. 
Between 5 PM and 2 AM Monday to Friday, and on weekends, green permit holders are allowed to park in red lots.


Calendar Year (12 months)

Academic Year (8 Months)

Semester (4 months)

One Calendar Month

Red Lots

$570.05 $381.10 $190.55 $55.00

Green Lot

$285.05 $190.55 $95.30 $27.50

Pay & Display and Temp Permit

$.50 for 15 minutes

$2.00 for the first hour, $1.25 each hour after


Temporary Permits Available via ParkAdmin


School of Education Permit,

August 28, 2017 - February 16, 2018








Carpool Permits

Carpooling (also car-sharing, ride-sharing and lift-sharing) is the sharing of car journeys so that more than one person travels in a car, and prevents the need for others to have to drive to a location themselves.  By having more people using one vehicle, carpooling reduces each person's travel costs such as fuel, vehicle maintenance, parking fees, as well as the stress of driving. Carpooling is also a more environmentally friendly and sustainable way to travel as sharing journeys reduces air pollution, carbon emissions, traffic congestion and the need to construct additional parking spaces.

The carpool program at Trent provides incentives to co-workers or students with similar schedules to share their daily commute.  If three or more people decide to carpool, they can obtain a carpool permit from the Parking Office.  A carpool permit entitles the group to have a “Carpool Reserved” space located in the lot of their choice. Each member of the group will also receive one free daily visitor permit per semester in the event they must bring a second car on campus to attend to personal or business matters.  For staff and faculty, all members of a particular carpool can use their flex dollars towards the total cost of the permit. You should advise your automobile insurance carrier if you intend to carpool as it may constitute a material change to your coverage.

One member of the carpool must create a ParkAdmin account under their name.  All members must then register their vehicles to avoid receiving a violation notice.

Daily Pay & Display Permits

Pay & Display permits are valid in all university parking spaces except for:

  • Service spaces,
  • Carpool spaces,
  • Reserved spaces, or
  • Accessible spaces without a valid disability permit.. 

Fees are $.50 for 15 minutes, $2.00 for the first hour and $1.25 for each hour thereafter to a daily maximum of $9.00.

Visitor Permits

Trent University departments may purchase visitor permits from the parking office on the authority of the Department head by forwarding an email to parking@trentu.ca with their department account code and the number of permits required.

These permits are for authorized visitors only and cannot be used by employees or students.

Temporary Permits

For your convenience, you may purchase and print temporary permits through your Parkadmin account. 

  1. Once you have logged in, click on parking.  
  2. Select “Temporary Parking Permit”.
  3. Under Requested Lot select Temp Permit.
  4. Choose from either an hourly or daily permit.
  5. Enter the dates and times you require the permit.
  6. Select the vehicle associated with the permit (either your vehicle or a guest vehicle).
  7. Confirm the permit registration.
  8. Select "Purchase this Permit".
  9. Proceed to payment. Payment option: VISA or Mastercard (you may purchase a temporary permit in person using debit or cash at the Parking Services office BH 103).
  10. Enter credit card information and submit.
  11. Print permit and display the permit flat on the dash of the vehicle that was registered.

Accessible Parking Permits

Persons with a valid Ontario accessible permit may park in accessible spaces on campus and must also display a valid Red or Pay and Display permit.  Please advise the Parking Office staff when you purchase your Red permit that you have an accessible permit to receive a refund for 50% of the price difference between Green and Red permits.  Red permit holders who provide a doctor’s note supporting a temporary loss of mobility eg. A broken leg, may be issued a Trent Accessibility Permit for the period of the disability that will allow them to use accessible spots.  Green permit holders must upgrade to a Red or use Pay and Display permits to use a Trent Accessibility Permit in accessible spots.

Service Permits

Employees whose job duties and responsibilities include a regular and ongoing requirement to use a personal vehicle to transport goods, equipment and supplies between various university sites or employees who are required to use their personal vehicle for university business for an average of 200 km a month or more may be issued service permits at no extra cost. A service permit allows the employee to park in any red lot or designated service space while actually performing such duties.  Permits will be issued upon authorization of the employee's Department head.

Athletics Community Member Permits

Trent Athletics Centre parking permits are included in the price of a community membership and are only valid while using Trent Athletics facilities.  Community members are persons who are not Trent students (full time or part time) and not employed on campus, whether for Trent or for a Trent tenant such as Trent Child Care. MNR, Chartwells etc. The parking office will verify your status before issuing a Trent Athletics Community Member permit. This permit is only valid in Lot F (green lined parking spaces) with overflow to Lot G behind Lady Eaton College, when using the Trent Athletics Centre facilities. The permit is NOT to be used to access other Trent facilities such as the Library. Pay and Display Parking is available for this purpose.


Motorcycles with engine displacements in excess of 50 ccs require parking permits. If you already have a permit for your car, you can add your motorcycle to your parking account as a second vehicle. Long term permits do not have to be displayed on your motorcycle. Pay and display slips, visitor permits and accessible permits must be displayed on the motorcycle.

Retiree Permits

Employees who retire from Trent University with a pension are eligible for a retiree permit.  The permit may only be used by the retiree themselves; it cannot be lent or transferred to anyone else.  The permit is valid in all red and green spaces. It is not valid in carpool, visitor or service spaces.

Payment for Parking Permits


  • Cash payment 
  • VISA, Mastercard or Debit Card
  • TrentU Card

Faculty and Staff

  • Monthly payroll deduction 
  • Flexible Benefit Plan
  • VISA, Mastercard, or Debit Card 
  • Cash payment

Note:  Staff or faculty who wish to use their flex benefits for parking MUST pay at the Parking Office. Cash and debit card payments must be made at the Parking Office.  Credit card and payroll deduction payment must be completed in the Parking Office.

Parking - Trent University - Durham

Students and staff must fill out an application to receive a parking pass that shall be displayed in their vehicle at all times. Parking passes may be obtained in the Main Office, Room 101, Trent Durham.