Trent’s research policies aims to provide those involved in research with key information to support research excellence and ensuring that research and innovation meet the highest standards.
Research Finance Forms
- Used when hiring research staff who are not currently in an active research contract. Required when a contract has expired and the individual is being rehired. If the individual has never held a previous position at Trent, form should be accompanied by TD-1, TD-ON, banking information, VISA information (if applicable).
- Used for extending currently active contracts, amending rate of pay, hours per week, account allocation, student type (ie. Masters to PhD), etc. Cannot be used if the payroll contract in question has already expired.
- Used to make one-time payment to individuals not on Trent’s payroll (ie. Visiting speakers, research participants). Amounts over $500 will be subject payroll source deductions. Used to make lump sum payments to research staff, for amounts over and above their regular wages. All payments made to individuals on Trent’s payroll will be subject to payroll source deductions, no matter the dollar value of the payment.
- To reimburse individuals who are not currently an employee of Trent. Travel Authorization Form is required when travel expenses are expected to exceed $4,000. Form must be signed and submitted prior to travel. Travel expenses can be denied reimbursement if Travel Authorization Form is not completed.
- To be completed and submitted alongside an invoice for externally contracted services.
Small Supplier HST Declaration Form (*download to view)
- To be used when the vendor is not registered to charge HST on their services. The vendor’s HST registration number should be stated on the invoice provided. If the registration number is not on the invoice, ask the vendor to fill out this form.
- Use when you would like a member of your research team to have access to your research account(s).