Theatre and Performance
The English program includes many courses in drama, so, if theatre and performance interest you, consider making these courses the core of your program:
- ENGL 1809H: Making a Scene
- ENGL 2100Y: Perilous Realms: Medieval and Renaissance Literature
- ENGL 2150Y/2151H Studies in Shakespeare
- ENGL 2152Y/2153H Shakespeare for the Stage and Classroom
- ENGL 2804Y/2805H Modern Drama
- ENGL 2809H Stage and Screen
- ENGL 3040Y/3041H Practicum Course*
- ENGL 3123H Angels and Demons, Shepherds and Shrews: Medieval Drama
- ENGL 3153H The Renaissance Theatre
- ENGL 3155H Elizabethan Literature
- ENGL 3202Y/3203H Restoration and 18th-century Theatre and Journalism
- ENGL 4150Y/4153H Advanced Studies in Shakespeare
- ENGL 4804Y/4805H Advanced Studies in Modern Drama
- ENGL 4040Y/4041H Practicum Course*
- ENGL 4809H: Setting the Scene
Additionally, most of these courses are part of the Option in Theatre Studies. So, you can pursue this option in conjunction with your English degree.
Option in Theatre Studies
The Option in Theatre Studies will be of particular interest to those active in theatre or wishing to demonstrate a background in theatre arts. Students are advised to consult with the program coordinator early in their program.
Graduating students who have fulfilled the requirements for a General or Honours degree in any subject may apply for an Option in Theatre Studies, if they have successfully completed the following 6.0 credits:
– 2.0 credits from Category A (Performance)
– 2.0 credits from Category B (History, Text, Theory)
– 2.0 additional credits from those listed below
– At least 3.0 of the total 6.0 credits must be from different academic disciplines
Category A (Performance)
Category B (History, Text, Theory)
*Practicum Courses in English (3040Y/3041H and 4040Y/4041H) offer a student the opportunity to earn credits for practical experiences in theatre with Departmental permission.
For more information about practicum courses or the Option in Theatre Studies contact firstname.lastname@example.org.