Teacher Education Stream
In this program, you will have the unique opportunity to design your B.A. or B.Sc. degree according to your interests and gain practical and theoretical knowledge through coursework and placements. In addition to your degree requirements, the Teacher Education Stream involves taking 3.5 credits in Education over the course of the four years of an Honours B.A. or B.Sc. degree. You will complete 36 hours of Education-related placements in years 1, 2 & 4; 18 hours in Year 3, linked to the courses in Education. The Teacher Education Stream is recommended as the best pathway to take at Trent for those undergraduate students who know they want to become teachers.
Starting in 2016, students entering the Teacher Education Stream program will be guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Education program provided they successfully complete all the requirements of the Teacher Education Stream program, achieve a minimum 80% average and submit the B.Ed. Profile of Experience. Each year, a number of spaces in Trent’s Consecutive Bachelor of Education program will be reserved for graduates of this program.
Entrance to a Consecutive Bachelor of Education
In order to be eligible for consideration for a reserved space in the Trent Bachelor of Education program students must meet the following conditions:
- Application to the Trent Consecutive B. Ed. program and submission of all required documents by the posted deadline.
- Successful completion of the requirements for an Honours Bachelor of Arts or Science by the May preceding enrollment in the B.Ed. program (please refer to p. 41 of the Academic Calendar for requirements which apply to all undergraduate degree programs).
- Successful completion of the course requirements (3.5 credits in education) for the Teacher Education Stream program.
- Minimum 80% average or better at Trent University on the most recent 10.0 credits at the time of application.
- Complete minimum requirements in 2 teachable subjects (Intermediate/Senior Level Applicants)
Students who are not offered a reserved space will be considered for admission based on the general requirements for the Bachelor of Education program. See www.trentu.ca/BEd for admissions requirements.
Trent Consecutive Bachelor of Education
Teacher Education Application Service (for students applying to the Consecutive Bachelor of Education)
The Ontario College of Teachers
Contact Information – Applicants
Phone: 705-748-1011 x 1332 or 1-888-739-8885
Contact Information – Current Students
Phone: 705-748-1011 x 7509