The Tutor Posting Board offers a centralized online listing of tutors-for-hire and free departmental supports. Tutors can submit information for posting and students seeking tutors can search these listings.
Please note that Trent University or Academic Skills does not vet tutors in any way or check any tutor's academic, disciplinary, or criminal records. It is the responsibility of the student to ask about academic and tutoring experience, to check the tutor’s references, and to negotiate an appropriate rate of pay for tutoring.
NEW for 2020! The TCSA has a new tutoring app for Trent students - whether you are looking for a tutor or want to be a tutor, you can learn more on the TCSA website.
- What is tutoring
- Looking for a Tutor?
- Want to be a Tutor?
Tutoring is regular or intensive instruction and review aimed at improving academic performance for a paying client. Tutors should be prepared for this work by holding a strong academic record and having some tutoring experience. Together, the tutor and client should determine meeting times and frequency, rate of pay, and instructional content. Experienced tutors can ask more in pay, and smart clients should be sure to be clear about the type of help they need.
Academic Skills and Trent University are not liable for:
- the quality of instruction or any change to the client’s academic performance.
- breach of the Trent University Undergraduate Academic Integrity Policy; both clients and tutors should be familiar with the academic regulations set out by this policy.
- the safety and well-being of tutors or their clients; all participants should agree to meet in a safe, public location for tutoring sessions.
- the receipt of payment from the client; both tutor and client should agree on rate of pay prior to the first meeting.
Academic Skills reserves the right to remove or refuse to post names of tutors at its discretion.
- Tutors in the Humanities (English Literature, History, Languages, Philosophy, etc.)
- Tutors in the Social Sciences (Economics, International Development Studies, Psychology, Sociology, etc.)
- Tutors in the Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
If you would like to be removed from the listing, please email us.