The Staff and Board of Directors of the WQC are pleased to welcome Cody Butler to the Centre.
Cody is taking on the position of Lab Technician and will taking on some of the responsibilities for sample preparation/analysis and instrument maintenance, in both the organic lab (CSB E101) and the inorganic lab (CSB F101).
Cody received his B.Sc. in Biology from Nipissing University and is completing his M.Sc. at Trent in the Environmental and Life Sciences Programme. His (scientific) interests/background include mass spectrometry, phytohormones and plant metabolomics.
WELCOME to the Water Quality Centre, Cody!
February 11, 2017 - The Ontario Flying Farmers visit the Water Quality Centre
February 17, 2016. The Nu 1700 Multicollector-ICP-MS is delivered to the Water Quality Centre.
The Water Quality Centre partners with the Institute for Information on Agricultural Quality and Food Safety in Guiyang, Guizhou Province, China.
Trent Water Quality Centre staff publish papers helpful to graduate/undergraduate students wanting to use mass mass spectrometry
- Newman, K. 2018. Using Ion−Molecule Reactions To Overcome Spectral Interferences in ICP-MS: A Guided Inquiry Approach for Upper-Level Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Journal of Chemical Education. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.8b00026
- Stock, N.L. 2017. Introducing Graduate Students to High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS) using a Hands-On Approach. Journal of Chemical Education 94:1978-1982.DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.7b00569
- Stock, N.L. and Raymond E. March. 2014. Hands-On Electrospray Ionization-Mass Spectrometry for Upper- Level Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Journal of Chemical Education 91:1244-1247. dx.doi.org/10.1021/ed500062w
Graduate students from Nanjing University in China spent a week at the WQC learning about mass spectrometry and specific applications for various instruments.
Learn on one (or more than one) of our many mass spectrometers. Our training courses can be designed to suit your needs - for groups of one to 20 people.
- What instrument should you buy?
- How can it be used?
- What are the basic principles of operation?
- How do you set it up for your particular requirements?
Let us put our expertise to work for you!