Provincial Teaching Awards
OCUFA Teaching Awards
The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA) Awards recognize outstanding teachers and academic librarians in Ontario universities who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in their respective disciplines. Up to seven awards are presented annually.
- 2013 - Cathy Bruce, School of Education
- 2007 - Carolyn Kay, Department of History
- 2006 - Susan Wurtele, Department of Geography
- 2005- David Page, Department of Ancient History and Classics
- 2002 - David Poole, Department of Mathematics
- 2000 - Sarah Keefer, Department of English Literature
- 1992 - John Wadland, Department of Canadian Studies
- 1991 - Iswar Chakravartty, Department of Mathematics
- 1975 - Deryck Schreuder, Department of History
- 1974 - Stuart Robson, Department of History
Leadership in Faculty Teaching Awards
The Leadership in Faculty Teaching (LIFT) Awards were awarded to recognize and encourage teaching excellence at colleges and universities in Ontario. The LIFT Awards were given to faculty who "influence, motivate and inspire students as well as demonstrate leadership in teaching methods." Each winner received a total of $20,000 over two years. In 2007, the only year in which the awards were presented, 100 faculty across Ontario's universities and colleges were recognized with this honour.
- 2007 - Deborah Berrill, School of Education and Professional Learning
- 2007 - Margaret Hobbs, Women's Studies
- 2007 - Ivana Elbl, History
- 2007 - Elizabeth Popham, English Literature
- 2007 - David Poole, Mathematics
Lieutenant Governor's Award for Teaching Excellence
The Lieutenant Governor's Awards for Teaching Excellence were created to honour university faculty members from across Ontario who were recipients of the Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations’ Teaching Awards, 3M National Teaching Fellowships, and the Canadian Professor of the Year Award. Recipients were honoured with a sculpture and lapel pin. The awards were only presented in 1993.
Excellence in Education Award for Promotion of Sustainable Practices
The Excellence in Education Award for Promotion of Sustainable Practices, granted by the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation Ontario Region, honours outstanding educational contribution to sustainable practices in the fields of architecture, planning, landscape architecture, urban design, geography, engineering, and environmental studies. It recognizes educators who have integrated sustainable concepts in housing and community development into the academic curriculum. The award is intended to recognize and support higher standards in sustainable education and to highlight the importance of sustainable practices within communities.
Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance Award for Teaching Excellence
The Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance Teaching Awards recognize educators who excel at unlocking the potential of Ontario’s young people and successfully engaging individuals in the learning experience so as to spark the desire to learn in students. The Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance annually presents its teaching awards to professors from each of its member campuses that have been selected by their students as examples of teaching excellence.
- 2021 – Christine Goodwin De Faria, Child and Youth Studies
- 2020 – Karin Schmidlechner, School of Education
- 2019 – Daniel Travers, History
- 2018 – Alba Agostino, Child and Youth Studies
- 2017 – Amanda Paxton, English Literature
- 2016 – Joel Baetz, English Literature
- 2015 – James Cosgrave, Sociology
- 2014 – Ben Bauer, Psychology