Real Life Skills & Study
As a Sociology student at Trent, you won’t have to wait until graduation to get your feet wet.
We examine human relationships, current events and pressing world problems, such as crime and punishment, refugee migration, homelessness, crisis in health care, LGBTQ rights, sexuality, gender-based violence, and more.
Sociology at Trent offers an array of options for real-life learning that will prepare you with the skills you need for a successful career:
- Pursue a specialized research project with your favourite professor or present a paper at a symposium with other undergraduate students.
- Gain value experience in the community conducting research to create social change.
- Spend a year abroad studying at one of many partner universities around the world.
- Prepare for graduate school.
- We pride ourselves on preparing our students to reach their professional and academic aspirations.