The relationship with my professors is extremely important to me because... having a mentor or someone to provide guidance to you is extremely beneficial.
Innovators, leaders, entrepreneurs, business professionals and game changers – this is exactly what Trent prepares our students to be. Through an integrated approach spanning corporate, self-employment, online, small business and other models, you will learn fundamentals of leadership, management, gaining a deep understanding of the organization of business and its role in a changing world. Your studies will include a broad foundation of business knowledge through delivery of core courses across business areas beginning in first year. Choose to focus in one of several specializations, or connect your interest in business with other study areas through Trent’s commitment to interdisciplinary learning.
The Trent Advantage
- Prepare for your CPA designation or spring board to an M.B.A.
- Specialize in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing and Consumer Culture, Human Resource Management, Niigaaniiwin: The Art of Leading, Economics, Ethics and Sustainability, or Information Systems and E-Commerce
- Acquire real-world professional experience through a variety of opportunities, including upper year for-credit internships, community-based research projects, the Trent Business Students’ Association, and participating in national student business competitions
- Benefit from a human-scale approach to teaching, and the knowledge and expertise of a dedicated alumni community of business leaders and mentors
- Management Skills
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Leadership Training and Development: A Cross-Cultural Approach
- Strategic Management
- Corporate, Small-Business and Non-Profit Leader
- Human Resources
- Financial Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Investment Banking
- Asset Management
- Business Consulting
- Business Management