Why do an Accelerated Masters?
Complete a Masters in 12 - 20 months
We are continually adapting our program offerings to meet the needs of today's increasingly diverse group of learners. Many of these learners seek shorter, relevant programs that complement their experiences and passion for science with opportunities to do research with faculty and industry partners in world-class facilities.
In today’s fast-changing world, an M.Sc. is necessary for students to stand apart from the crowd to compete for the best jobs as well as qualify for future promotions. Employers tell us our students graduate with an exceptional quality of education. Our students work with Trent faculty along with government and industry partners such as Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry, Ministry of the Environment, Fisheries & Oceans Canada, Parks Canada, Wildlife Conservation Society, Gov’t of Ireland, Manitoba Environment, faculty from other Universities and others, throughout the entire length of their degree.
The Accelerated Masters Program with ENLS is for strong, motivated students who understand the need for a high-quality education, who want to be job-ready in a shorter period of time. Accelerated M.Sc. students base their M.Sc. thesis on their 4th year B.Sc. thesis project, with the same faculty member supervising both projects, ensuring a seamless transition from B.Sc. to M.Sc. They will enroll in one 0.5 graduate level course in the 4th year of their undergrad. The M.Sc. in Environmental and Life Sciences begins in the May term following completion of the student’s undergraduate program and should be completed in 12-16 months. For more information, click on the link below.
Why enroll in the ENLS Graduate Program at Trent?
- Engage in research that matters; research that makes a difference.
- One on one time with faculty and industry partners over the entire length of your degree = a better quality education
- Opportunities for original thought, bringing concepts and research ideas to life
- Experience you need to qualify for the best jobs and future promotions!
Be recognized by employers as:
- A strong student who enjoys a challenge
- Earlier specialization in specific subject areas
- Self-motivated and have completed more independent study
- Someone who knows where they want to get to, and has the drive and commitment to get there faster