The Ecological Restoration Degree/Diploma
This 4-year science degree is offered jointly by Fleming College and the Trent University's School of the Environment. Students may earn:
- an Ecological Restoration Technician College Diploma, and
- an Honours BSc degree in Ecological Restoration.
Students complete years 1 and 2 at Fleming, and years 3 and 4 at Trent.
Also see information provided by Fleming College about this degree.
Applications to this degree are made through the Ontario College Application Service.
What it Takes to Succeed...
The program is challenging and sets a high standard of academic rigor. Our goal is to provide the support you need to achieve these standards but you must be prepared to:
- Dedicate study time necessary to achieve grade requirements in University Level courses - you must achieve a 65% average overall in the Environmental Science I course in Semester 1 in order to progress to Semester 2
- Achieve a 65% average overall in University Level courses across Year 1 and Year 2 in order to progress to Year 3
- Participate fully in field course activities and team-based projects (which may extend beyond regular class time)
- Take control of your learning by recognizing if you need help and taking advantage of opportunities to access assistance
To progress successfully to semester 2 of the joint program, students must achieve a 65% grade in the semester 1 courses Environmental Science I and Critical Thinking and Communication.
In order to progress to year 3 of the program, students must pass (50%) all courses and achieve a 70% overall program average in years 1 and 2.
- Environmental Science I & II
- Math I & II
- Introductory Chemistry I & II
- Introduction to Ecology
- Introduction to Plant Community Systematics
- Indigenous Environmental Studies I & II
- Methods in Environmental Science
- Readings in Environment and Restoration
- Restoration Ecology Field Camp