ENHANCED CLEANING OVERVIEW
To support a safe environment for Trent students, community members and staff, enhanced cleaning measures will be implemented, which meet all public health requirements. Below are some of the highlights of these enhanced cleaning measures:
- Each day, there will be a scheduled 30-minute time slot between each workout or swim appointment to allow for sanitizing of exercise equipment surfaces by staff. Commonly touched surfaces and shared equipment are sanitized by staff, after contact between individuals, which includes fitness equipment and machines, door handles, lockers, etc.
- Increased hours of caretaking services to clean and sanitize all common areas and touch points.
- Additional resources such as tissues, no-touch trash receptacles, hand soap, alcohol-based hand sanitizers, disinfectants and disposable towels to promote a safe and hygienic environment in each program/activity area.
- Use of re-usable towels and cloths have been discontinued. Disposable wipes and spray bottles with disposable towels will be the preferred method of sanitizing.
- Waste receptacles will be lined with plastic bags, which will be tied and disposed of regularly according to local refuse storage and collection requirements.
- All exercise equipment will be sanitized after hours with an electrostatic sprayer.