We provide services for:
Freeware Program to Analyse Mass Scan Data:
»Doran, M.C.and K.L. LeBlanc. 2016. A computer program to simplify analysis of mass scan data of organometallic compounds from high-resolution mass spectrometers. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 30:2561-2567.
The software (Winnow.zip) is available at no charge. Please read the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA). By downloading the program you agree to the terms of the EULA.
The WQC Centre offers information to those interested in learning about mass spectrometry and its specific applications.
- What instrument should you buy?
- How can it be used?
- What are the basic principles of operation?
- How do you set up your mass spectrometer for your particular requirements?
Learn on one (or more than one) of our many mass spectrometers. Check out the new Master of Instrumental Chemical Analysis, M.ICA, being offered at Trent.
Our capabilities include:
- analysis of trace elements (e.g., arsenic, iron, lead, cadmium, copper, nickel ,zinc, Rare Earth Elements, uranium) in waters and solids by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- metal(loid) speciation (eg., As, Se, Cr) by HPLC- or ion chromatography-ICP-MS)
- stable and radiogenic isotope ratios (e.g., Sr, Hg, U, Pb, Zn) by multicollector-ICP-MS
- organic contaminant analyses (e.g., estrogens, beta blockers, other pharmaceuticals, personal care products, PCBs, PFOA, PFOS, carbamazapine, volatile fatty acids) by organic MS. »(list of organic analytes routinely measured by the WQC)
- light stable isotope analysis (13C/12C, 15N/14N, 18O/16O)
- compound specific isotope analysis using GC-C/P-IRMS (temporarily unavailable)
- determination of biotic metabolites
Our price schedule reflects the funding situation of our different clients. In addition, prices vary according to the matrix, required preparation and number of samples.
Prices for ICP-MS analyses start at only $15/sample
Prices for δ13C, δ15N, δ18O analyses are competitive!
The Water Quality Centre is open to researchers from other universities and private companies who might otherwise not have access to the highly sophisticated instrumentation we have available.
The services offered by the WQC are generally unavailable from conventional laboratories.
We will develop new methods of analysis in novel media and offer competitive prices!
For more information, please contact us.