Space Utilization & Construction Management Committee
The President’s Space Utilization & Construction Management Committee has an obligation to provide students, academic personnel, and administrative personnel with suitable space to carry out University approved activities.
- Coordinate the allocation of all University space to ensure equitable distribution in keeping with a “highest and best” use mandate together with the long term goals of the University articulated in the current version of its Integrated Plan.
- Approve all physical alterations and renovations to University space above $10,000 that involve structural, mechanical and/or electrical modification.
- Reassign poorly utilized or inappropriately allocated space.
- Provide a standard space request form for Units/Departments to use. Gather further information from Unit Heads if required.
- Approve or decline proposals from internal and external units/departments requesting additional space or renovations to currently allocated space. If substantial financial resources are required, recommend approval to PVP or the Board of Governors. Communicate the approval process and outcome with those units who submit space requests.
- Assist with the management of construction projects.
- Interpret and support the University’s Space Utilization Policy.
- Provost and VP Academic (Co-Chair)
- VP Finance and Administration (Co-Chair)
Non- Voting Members,
- AVP, Information Technology
- AVP Facilities Management
- AVP Students
- VP Research and International
- 2 Deans
- Project Manager(s)
- Physical Resources
- Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility Coordinator
- One Student Representative
- Science Facilities Manager (when required)
- Other resource personnel (when required)
The Committee will meet as necessary
Space Request Form
»To apply for additional space and/or renovation of current space
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Finance and Administration is the Committee Secretary. For more information, email Lindsay Rupert.