Applicants to the M.A. program will be expected to have completed a B.A. or B.Sc. Honours with a minimum average of A- (80%, GPA 3.7).
Admissions will be based on:
- Availability of appropriate faculty as instructors, supervisors and committee members
- Feasibility of the applicant’s proposed course of study and research project
- Appropriateness of the applicant’s previous education and training
Once admitted, students must earn an average of at least B- (70%, GPA 2.7) in each of their courses.
Prior to submitting an application to the Sustainability Studies program, applicants should be communicating with a member(s) of the faculty, whose research area of interest best matches up with their intended research focus.
Similar to other graduate programs at Trent, interested applicants are required to submit:
- Official transcripts
- Referee contact information
- Plan of study**
- Writing sample
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of English language proficiency
**Please be as specific as possible in your Plan of Study, outlining your research interest and potential supervisor.