Trent University's Sexual Violence Policy is located here.
If you would like to disclose a recent or historic experience of sexual violence, please contact Robyn Ocean, Sexual Violence Prevention Coordinator, Lady Eaton College, N130, firstname.lastname@example.org, 705.748.1011 ext.7792.
She will meet with you to hear your story, whatever you feel like sharing, and to discuss your needs. She can support you with safety planning, and refer you for further care according to your situation and wishes.
Other resources include:
- Louise Fish, Director Risk Management, phone (705)748-1011 ext. 7375, email email@example.com
- Campus Security 705-748-1328, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 1333 in an emergency
- Student Counselling Services. Blackburn Hall, Suite 113 Phone: (705) 748-1386, email email@example.com
- Student Health Services. Blackburn Hall, Suite 111 Phone: (705) 748-1481.
- Trent Housing Services. Blackburn Hall, Suite 129. Phone (705) 748-1011 x 7127, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your residence don or Residence Life Co-ordinator
You can speak to a Counsellor on campus, Trent University Durham (905) 435-5102 x 5024
For Trent Durham's website, click here.
Women’s Health Care Centre
- Services include Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence program, Sexual Abuse program, and various health programs.
- Their Sexual Assault Response team is available twenty-four hours a day through the Emergency Department at Peterborough Regional Health Centre. If you have been assaulted you can visit the Peterborough Regional Health Centre Emergency Department at 1 Hospital Drive Peterborough. Ask for the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner.
- For more information call 705-743-4132 or visit their website here.
Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre
- Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre is a not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to supporting those affected by sexual violence. At the Centre in Peterborough, they offer individual counselling, group counselling and workshops, peer supports, public education and professional training. The office number is 705-748-5901. Their services are for people of all genders and diverse backgrounds.
- The Crisis Support Line is a confidential service available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays. Unconditional and nonjudgmental support and information is available to individuals of both recent and historical sexual assault, as well as other forms of sexual violence. Give them a call at: 705-741-0260 or toll-free at 1-866-298-7778.
- Check out their website for more details by clicking here.
Niijkiwendidaa Anishnaabekwewag Services Circle [NASC]
- NASC is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the development and delivery of healing services for Anishnaabekwewag and their families who have been abused, are being abused, or are at risk of being abused.
- For more information call 705-741-0900 or visit their website here.
Victim Services Unit
- They can provide emotional support as well as give referrals, 705-876-1122 ex. 268, email@example.com
- Durham Region Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Care Centre (Lakeridge Health) 905-576-8711
- Durham Rape Crisis Centre 905-668-9200 24 hour crisis line, and counselling/support groups for recent or past abuse.
- Herizon House - Ajax-Pickering Women’s Centre 24 hour crisis line. 1-866-437-4066
- The Denise House (Shelter) – Oshawa 905-728-7311 or 1-800-263-3725 24 hour crisis line for abused women, counselling, children’s programs.
- Distress Centre Durham 905-430-2522 or 1-800-452-0688 24 hour telephone counselling, crisis and suicide intervention and referral