B.A. (University of Waterloo)
M.A. (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Ph.D. (University of Guelph)
Office: DNA C114
Phone: 705-748-1011ext. 7773
My research interests intersect sexology, social psychology, and communication. Current research focuses on:
- Sexual consent and the psychosocial variables that influence the negotiation of sexual interactions;
- Cognitive and behavioural aspects of first sexual experiences; and
- Technology-mediated sexual communication and behaviour (e.g., Internet use, sexting). I am the Director of the Sexual Consent and Communication Lab (SCC Lab).
- Babin, C., & Humphreys, T. P. (2021). Virginity beliefs in lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals experiencing same- and different-sex “first” times. Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality, 30(3), 397-409. https://doi.org/10.3138/cjhs.2021-0029
- Humphreys, T.P. (2021). Teaching sexual consent. In Susan Hillock (Ed.)., Let's Teach About Sex: Sexuality(ies) & Higher Education. University of Toronto Press.
- Willis, M., Marcantonio, T. L., Jozkowski, K. N., Humphreys, T. P., & Peterson, Z. D. (2021). Sexual consent at first-time intercourse: Retrospective reports from university students in Canada and the United States. International Journal of Sexual Health, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1080/19317611.2020.1862382
- Jozkowski, K.N., & Humphreys, T.P. (2014). Sexual consent on college campuses: Implications for sexual assault prevention education. Health Education Monograph Series, 31, 30-35.
- Eriksson, J., & Humphreys, T.P. (2014). Development of the Virginity Beliefs Scale. Journal of Sex Research, 51(1), 107-120.
- Humphreys, T.P. (2013). Cognitive frameworks of virginity and first intercourse. Journal of Sex Research, 50(7), 664-675.
- Humphreys, T.P., & Brousseau, M. (2010). The Sexual Consent Scale-Revised: Development, reliability, and preliminary validity. Journal of Sex Research, 47, 420-428.
- Humphreys, T.P., & Kennett, D. (2010). The reliability and validity of instruments supporting the sexual self-control model. The Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality, 19, 1-13.