From its beginnings, Trent has been a university founded on a commitment to human rights and diversity. As a university, we bring our stakeholders together to think, discuss, challenge (ourselves as well as others), and act for a better world. Our aim is justice and equality for all.
Racism is not new to Canada: it has been, and continues to be, a painful part of our society. As an institution, we oppose racism everywhere and call on members of our community to denounce racism and to actively support those affected by it.
If you have experienced discrimination or harassment and would like to talk to someone about it, please contact any of the following departments or individuals at Trent:
- Trent Counselling – Peterborough: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trent Counselling – Durham: email email@example.com
- First Peoples House of Learning: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trent International: email: email@example.com
- Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility - Trent University: email for Human Rights Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
External sites and resources: